Xercise 4 Less / CRS Credit Resolution Services

dannajj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems i'm not the only one with these guys bugging me!

i entered into a 12 month contract in May 2014 with the gym, at 9.99 a month.

I made my last payment in December.

I do acknowledge that I canceled early but i do have reasons.

On a number of occations my person code would not work and i wasn't allowed access to the gym or classes,

which wasn't very good when i was sat waiting for my aunty and mother to finish their session so we could go home together!

I complained at the desk a number of times but no-one knew what was going on and no-one helped me.

So as far as i could see i was paying for a service i wasn't getting.

i recieved a letter a couple of week ago from CRS saying i was in debt of £192.46,

i have since sent them an email (as i will only communicate via written word with companies like these)

explaining my reasoning and also asking for a breakdown of fees,

although looking at threads on here i have seen that it is likely that the fees are non-mandatory.

I also have no emails or letters containing some sort of membership agreement so i cannot find out where i stand in this matter.

I'm happy to pay the £40 i owe, but not the fees.

As of yet i have had no reply to my email, but i don't want anyone going to my parents house as this is where the company still think i live!

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

just remember they are NO BAILIFFS

so don't fall for that old threat.

did you inform the gym you were cancelling?

to me it does look that way

so pers I'd be ignoring them

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi there,

I told them in person if the problem wasn't sorted i would be cancling my membership and i did,

i know i should have probably written a complaint at the time officially to stop this from ever have happening, but too late!

Thanks

Hi Dannajj and welcome to CAG

As you've already said, you should have raised your complaint more formally, either in writing or at least by talking to the gym manager.

If they addressed your complaint now and ensured you had proper access, would you want to continue at the gym ?

If not, then I agree with you, that your liability is limited to £39.96 and they cannot enforce their "admin" charges.

I would send a letter to Harlands (get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO) saying :-

I cancelled because of access problems which denied me access to the gym.

I realise I should have complained at the time, and that I owe the final monthly payments of £39.96.

If you agree, in writing within 14 days, to accept £39.96 in settlement of all that I owe, I'll pay you promptly.

If you make higher demands that include unlawful penalty charges, or if you fail to accept my offer within 14 days, it will be withdrawn.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Pointless post above removed for breach of Site Rules

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)