style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A worrying report Ford. Understanding the basics of aero dynamics allows us to feel safe to fly in a tin can in the sky. What we don't allow for is deliberate

interference to cause harm to all those on board. There should be no time wasted to implement measures to prevent rogue pilots

causing catastrophe.

Given that there are tens of thousands of flights every day which take off and land safely, I am not sure what can be done if one pilot wants to do something. The only thing I can think of, is that the planes are monitored more closely from the ground and if they deviate too much from the flightpath, height/speeds etc, that a call is made to the flightdeck to check what is happening. There could be some device fitted operated from the airlines security centre which will lock the aircraft back onto the correct flightpath/height etc.

Within 20 years, we could see planes which could fly without any pilots, that take off, fly a route and land operated by remote control. There will probably still be atleast one pilot onboard, who could takeover and fly manually if needed. Not sure I would be comfortable with this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I can understand why someone might want to end themselves, but to end others at the same time.

Airlines are now making 2 people on the flight deck at all times mandatory.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

A worrying report Ford. Understanding the basics of aero dynamics allows us to feel safe to fly in a tin can in the sky. What we don't allow for is deliberate

interference to cause harm to all those on board. There should be no time wasted to implement measures to prevent rogue pilots

causing catastrophe.

I don't see how that's really possible. I mean yes, two people on the flight deck is a sensible precaution: the Americans have had the policy for years now and I'm frankly quite surprised that we in Europe generally don't, at least until now. But this sort of event is extremely rare, and it's very hard to see how an airliner can be effectively protected from the pilot.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

8 passenger plane crashes as murder/suicide in 40 years. As far as I know having a second person in the cockpit hasnt made a difference to those outcomes and at least 2 had the other officer recorded in a fight with the suicidal one at the time of impact. However, publication of data of suicidal pilots wrestled away from the controls a little harder to find but has happened so obviously a consideration that costs absolutely nothing to implement..

in view then, maybe wld need an armed air marshall in pit. but on each flight! prob not feasible.

as has been said, in terms of the stats is still seen as one of the safest travel means. in terms of numbers/volume. but, that doesnt excuse the issue.