bankrupt builder

vintage55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in a shared ownership apartment, . The premises are 5 years old

I was told after I moved into the apartment that the original builder had gone bankrupt. I was never advised of this by may solicator. Should the Housing Association have made us aware of this ?

snag list still not been actioned and now possible issues with the roof. Being advised that we may have to contribute to roof repair costs plus no actin on snags untill bankruptcy issues resolved. My argument is that I did not buy from the bulider but the housing association

As you are in shared ownership, then I would assume that any repair costs are also shared - based upon the same %

The snags should have been sorted a long time ago when you first purchased the apartment.

I agree with your argument in that you did not buy from the builder but from the housing association and as such the housing association should be responsible. But just because I agree with your argument doesn't mean to say it is right, I do not know!

f16 mentions NHBC guarantee. The link for that info is here: http://www.nhbc.co.uk/NHBCpublications/LiteratureLibrary/HomeownerDocuments/filedownload,15896,en.pdf