• Tweets

• An update - Still receiving emails and letters - but have been getting text messages too. nothing aggressive just asking me to get in touch.    the text makes it look like it from the bank on first glance - it reads -   'the banks name' would like to dicuss our recent communication...etc... then lists IDR phone number and email FYI - reporting them as spam
    • Hello, After seeing all of the posts about BMW on here I really wish I hadn't even considered them! I bought a used car from them over the weekend, one specifically which had a reversing camera and cruise control in the advert. I was foolish at the time of purchase and didn't check to see these functions work on the test drive (totally my fault). Now that the car is home I've checked and checked and neither of these functions are available. I even checked on Parkers and it seems that no Skoda Kamiq '21 models come with any parking cameras at all. When buying the car, I was told all that was needed was 'Four signatures and £500' to secure it. I was never shown any of the documents, and instead the sales rep opened a box on his iPad and asked me to sign. He had been complaining about the length of time some customers take these days all throughout my time with him. (Again) foolishly I signed. In my email inbox I now have four attachments from BMW, one of which is my signature under a letter which basically says that the cars don't need to match the advertisements online, or have any of the features that a sales rep talks about. I realise that I've made mistakes in not doing my due diligence here, but thought I might as well ask the experts here if I have any rights left to claim that the car was miss-advertised, or if I unknowingly signed them away? Thanks in advance
    • where was this PCN:? please complete: pers i cant see the point in an sar yet await/if they ever send a letter of claim. as long as you've not moved since 2022 you are OK to totally ignore . dx  
    • ah this is a B2B PCP then as your are sending the SAR as a private individual and not as repping the co. you need to prove to them. unfortunately, i think that will also reset the 30 days. dx
    • Customers who opened HSBC's one-year fixed rate Isa say they have been unable to see the new Isa they opened or the money they transferred in.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

cabot and i+e re HBOS halifax card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait to see if cabot fulfil the request. 99% of the time, cabot are never able to fulfil a CCA request correctly.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

unclebulgaria67 and dx100uk also suggested the CCA route so I'll get on that this week,

and kris_barb recommended a complaint th the CSA. Also I'll get one off for to the FOS.

As soon as there is any reaction I'll post again...Thank you all.

we have serious doubts about the CSA route TBH.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

CSA won't do anything IMO, they are employed by the DCA's so even I can tell you what their response will be, they won't find in the debtors favour.......ever!

CCA requests first, shame she's been cash cowed for the last 8 years!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yeah, I see what you mean...self policing.

i phoned the FOS and they took all the details regarding the phone call to my sister-in-law,

they also wanted Cabot's ref' number for the account,

the credit card number

and also the company licence number,

they said that Cabot have eight weeks to respond,

if they do come up with a final response letter I'm to call FOS with details,

I'm not sure what FOS will do if they don't reply.

In the meantime I'll get a CCA off to them and also to the other two creditors.

But even if they do reply saying "sorry about that it won't happen again"

what will or can the FOS do apart from issuing a stern "smack knuckles" letter.

eight years...urm I smell a cash cow here.

pers I'd be dumping stepchange

do it yourself for him [the DMP - IF one is needed after the CCA requests.

don't forget reclaiming too!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk,

I've looked at the last letter from Cabot and there is £4238 outstanding and being paid back at £1 per month.

The FOS wrote to them last week so I should get a reply soon,

but I'll get the CCA's off this week so we'll see what that stirs up.

Get them off asap. Cabot rarely ever have paperwork for a debt. And once they default on the request, you can save some cash.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

get some sar 's running to the original creditors too.

wouldn't hurt either to get her credit file

see below

dx

and they

• 3 years later...

No it wouldn't prevent her at all. If that were would be interesting would be if she could show that the PPI premiums and interest that she may have paid on those premiums have helped to plunge her into debt.

You should bring her along and get her to register and start posting on her own

Make sure all who she pays have enforceable cca's!!

Esp if shes blindly paying dca's

and they

You're right about the PPI premiums and interest, they probably did get her deeper in the mire. Also making minimum payments was the final nail.

Step Change really helped her a lot with corresponding with " Cabot ", they got them to agree to £1 per month....Over £4000 paid back at £1 per month is how many lifetimes ?. Isn't it ludicrous. It's just another sum for them to add to their false portfolio of debt worth.

Fca ppi link on their site

and they

I just got off the phone yo the FCA and they suggested sending off a SAR to make sure that there was PPI on the account. Also it seems that our SAR template letter needs editing, there is now no £10 charge and the company/creditor has only thirty days to respond.

Correct

and they

She has given me some other paperwork that she has found, one relates to a payment plan. I drafted a letter to send to Capital One next week but then discovered that the debt had been purchased by a company called Lowell financial ltd. Should I now send a SAR to Lowell as the holders of the debt or Capital One as the company that originally sold her the PPI ?.

you never sar a dca

and they