Homeground management group late payment issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm having EXACTLY the same issues with Homeground Management Ltd and JB Leitch solicitors.

They have been harassing and bullying me for over a year now.

I purchased an apartment built by [removed] in 2007.

Ground rent was paid directly to the builder initially.

Then (surprise, surprise) the builder went bankrupt and phoenixes the same day as a new company (Elan Homes) collecting the ground rents.

My cheque had crossed in the post and been cashed by the old (bankrupt) company.

Elan Homes chased me, I explained what had happened yet [removed] continuously failed to update their records.

Each year I paid the ground rent and wrote on the back of the cheque the dates I was paying for.

Then, Homeground Management Ltd bought the freehold.

They were also passed the (wrong) details of my debt so yet again it was carried forward... Yawn.

In addition to that error which I've tried to address with Homeground and [removed]

I also failed to receive a demand/invoice for 2013 and 2014

I noticed this in January 2014 and wrote to home ground by post and email.

The email received an automated reply saying I'd get a response in 3-5 working days... I'm still waiting! LOL

When JB Leitch got involved in March with aggressive letters and ridiculous charges for late payment

I explained the situation. [removed] said she'd address with her client but it wasn't until June that I received paperwork.

The payment was promptly sent upon receipt.

My understanding after taking legal advice is this: Ground Rent is only payable if you receive a valid demand as per S166 of CALRA 2002

if you dont receive it then THE GROUND RENT IS NOT DUE AND NEITHER IS ANY ASSOCIATED LATE CHARGE.

(Look it up [removed], I can see you only qualified in August 2013 so perhaps you've not learnt that yet...)

The fact that I chased by post and email (and have email server automated replies asking for 3-5 days for a reply)

seem to be suffice in the eyes of the law and any county court claim issued that I didn't receive the demands.

Homeground Management and [removed] have yet to give a meaningful reply to any correspondence.

So far in 18 months I've had one reply simply saying they are not setup for telephone calls

and can I send my 12 digit account reference so they he can look into "my arrears".

(I did, numerous times over the space of 18 months and heard nothing back).

Despite my appeal for common sense in November to JB Leitch it wasn't until the end of January that I was furnished with a reply,

STILL wanting £280 of legal costs!

I explained I was away working

yet within a week JB Leitch was harassing me for a response.

Shame they can't be as timely when I write to them!

I will of course keep this forum updated with my news,

and I hope I've included enough keywords to help other people with similar issues find this forum.

Best regards,

Chris

PS: It tickled me that on [removed] Linkedin profile apparently his current role at Homeground Management Ltd includes "

• Respond promptly to customer inquiries. and • Effectively pass customer complaints to complaints handler." :|

PPS: It also made me smile that on [removed] profile page on JB Leitch's website,

her quote is from Henry Ford "Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." Apparently NOT in this case,.

Do look up S166 of CALRA 2002; Google is your friend [removed] . :-D

Edited by dx100uk
names removed - dx siteteam

Homeground Management Ltd and JB Leitch solicitors have been harassing and bullying me for over a year now.

I purchased an apartment built by David McClean in 2007.

Ground rent was paid directly to the builder initially. Then (surprise, surprise) the builder went bankrupt and phoenixes the same day as a new company (Elan Homes) collecting the ground rents. My cheque had crossed in the post and been cashed by the old (bankrupt) company. Elan Homes chased me, I explained what had happened yet Judith Bevan continuously failed to update their records. Each year I paid the ground rent and wrote on the back of the cheque the dates I was paying for.

Then, Homeground Management Ltd bought the freehold. They were also passed the (wrong) details of my debt so yet again it was carried forward... Yawn.

In addition to that error which I've tried to address with Homeground and Anand Acharya I also failed to receive a demand/invoice for 2013 and 2014. I noticed this in January and wrote to home ground by post and email. The email received an automated reply saying I'd get a response in 3-5 working days... I'm still waiting!

When JB Leitch got involved in March with aggressive letters and ridiculous charges for late payment I explained the situation. Judith Campbell said she'd address with her client but it wasn't until June that I received paperwork. The payment was promptly sent upon receipt.

My understanding after taking legal advice is this: Ground Rent is only payable if you receive a valid demand as per S166 of CALRA 2002 if you dont receive it then THE GROUND RENT IS NOT DUE AND NEITHER IS ANY ASSOCIATED LATE CHARGE. (Look it up Judith, I can see you only qualified in August 2013 so perhaps you've not learnt that yet...)

The fact that I chased by post and email (and have email server automated replies asking for 3-5 days for a reply) seem to be suffice in the eyes of the law and any county court claim issued that I didn't receive the demands.

Homeground Management and Anand Acharya have yet to give a meaningful reply to any correspondence. So far in 18 months I've had one reply simply saying they are not setup for telephone calls and can I send my 12 digit account reference so they he can look into "my arrears". (I did, numerous times over the space of 18 months and heard nothing back).

Despite my appeal for common sense in November to Judith Campbell at JB Leitch it wasn't until the end of January that I was furnished with a reply, STILL wanting £280 of legal costs! I explained I was away working yet within a week Shaun Hogg of JB Leitch was harassing me for a response. Shame they can't be as timely when I write to them!

I will of course keep this forum updated with my news, and I hope I've included enough keywords to help other people with similar issues find this forum.

Is anyone able to give further advice, can I claim my time spent on this ridiculous situation?

Best regards,

Chris

PS: It tickled me that on Anand Acharya's Linkedin profile apparently his current role at Homeground Management Ltd includes "• Respond promptly to customer inquiries. and • Effectively pass customer complaints to complaints handler."

PPS: It also made me smile that on Judith Campbell's profile page on JB Leitch's website, her quote is from Henry Ford "Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." Apparently NOT in this case, Judith. Do look up S166 of CALRA 2002; Google is your friend Ms Campbell.

Edited by citizenB
removing addresses

if you are being levied PENALTY charges, they are unlawful and can be reclaimed

as for the 'legal costs'

if there is no current court case they are unlawful too.

please refrain from posting names it could get you and us in trouble read our rules please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you are being levied PENALTY charges, they are unlawful and can be reclaimed

as for the 'legal costs'

if there is no current court case they are unlawful too.

please refrain from posting names it could get you and us in trouble read our rules please

dx

Thanks for the advice and apologies :)

I'm guessing I'm not the only person being bullied by these thugs and I hope other people find this forum...

• 2 months later...

I too am being charged ridiculous costs from JBL

after still no welcome pack or any legal documents from HGM ,

what they are doing is illegal and needs contesting,

they are both hand in hand with taking money they have no right in asking for,

the names of the directors involved in HGM should be embarrassed to belong to such an outfit.

Ill add that Ground Rent is payable normally annually according to the lease.

It MUST be demanded as per S166 as mentioned above, if not NOTHING is payable, nor any late payment admin charges.

Even if a S166 is received then extra charges are only payable IF the lease allows it AND the extra admin charges are demanding when accompanied by an Admin Charges - Summary of Rights as per here > http://www.lease-advice.org/publications/documents/document.asp?item=89

Even then you can apply to an FTT (LVT) to decide if charges are reasonable.

I've not received a single document from HGM , only late payment charges from Jbl their solicitors ,I' unwittingly paid 450.00 pounds as I'm not a bad debtor and always pay my bills but thought the actions and lack of legitimate mail via my apartment mail box made me suspicious, I still am not allowed onto the HGM portal to set up direct debits until I have paid a further 500.00 for late payment and legal fees, total frustration and disappointment in how people can be so focused on obtaining monies unethically , still no reply from HGM or welcome pack.

If no demand received then nothing payable. But this wont apply if youve not given them upto date address, i,.e for example,..if you have a buy to let but you dont tell them address where you actually live then they are entitled to send correspondence to the buy to let property (and the tenant may or may not pass it on).

• 3 weeks later...

We are having problems with HGR and JB leitch Sols. Thye seem to be in cahoots to extract money from us. Very bad experience. Can someone help pl. We have sending e-mails atleast 8 emails where HGR said that they were looking into the matters and come back to us. Till date nothing happened and then HGR said that now we need to correspond with JB Leitch Soils.

We are having problems with HGR and JB leitch Sols. Thye seem to be in cahoots to extract money from us. Very bad experience. Can someone help pl. We have sending e-mails atleast 8 emails where HGR said that they were looking into the matters and come back to us. Till date nothing happened and then HGR said that now we need to correspond with JB Leitch Soils.

Best to start your own thread and spell out the issues in detail.