Housing benefit overpayment

eastender100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, im think in the wrong forum so sorry if I am, I just wonder if I can get some advice, the council has decided that I owe £2000 in overpayment, despite having EVERY change of circumstance reported to them, I have all evidence of this, so very worried about this as im not sure what they will do next, I am paying back £10 per month as this is all I can afford, they have refused this and sent me a statement of means and said I have to pay £50 per month, any advice would be very helpful even if you not really sure on advice

Edited by eastender100
no replies

Hi, im think in the wrong forum so sorry if I am, I just wonder if I can get some advice, the council has decided that I owe £2000 in overpaymentlink3.gif, despite having EVERY change of circumstance reported to them, I have all evidence of this, so very worried about this as im not sure what they will do next, I am paying back £10 per month as this is all I can afford, they have refused this and sent me a statement of means and said I have to pay £50 per month, any advice would be very helpful even if you not really sure on advice

Has the council explained to you how they believe the overpayment has occurred? Also, when were you first notified of this apparent overpayment?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi,

Thank you for replying, It was when I started working and claiming benefit as a single person, my partner hadn't moved in then until the following year, they asked for wage slips which I provided, and then they said it was a little while before they worked the payments out, then I got a letter saying I had been overpaid. They said they were going to take payment off every week which they did. My partner moved in the next year, we were both working part time, I told the council of him moving in and they asked for his wage slips also which I provided also mine again. The problem is it kept getting revised but my partner was not added!! I kept telling them this but they said don't worry its still being reviewed? but still kept getting notices through without him being added.

They continuously asked me for my wages slips, my partners, proof of child benefit, tax credits etc,

I provided all of these and have 3 written copies of evidence where they were handed in at the counter because they photocopie them and gave me a receipt, also stating when he moved in including dates.

Then they sent me a letter saying it was suspended because I didn't hand the information in!

I must add we no longer claim benefit as my partner works full time, I know I have gone over the appeal time but I know you get up to 13 months.

But my concern is what will they do, im already paying what I can afford, but if they had done there job properly it wouldn't have built up so much, im already paying full council tax plus extra as they messed that up with it. any advice on what they can do would be helpful because when I spoke to them they said balliffs so im really worried.

You need to appeal and find out exactly why they think you have been overpaid

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Agree with sare

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.