ESA Work-Focused interview

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All, I have just recently won my Employment Support Allowance appeal. I received a letter saying "I have to attend a Work-Focused interview" This as come has a surprise has I have just been found too unfit to work.

My questions are...

(1). What is a Work-focused interview? What will happen?

(2). Are these Work-Focused Interviews weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly or just a one-off?

(3). Do you have to attend I heard somewhere that you are not obligated to attend.

Are you in the support or WRA group? if in WRA group the initial work focused interview is mandatory and you could end up being sanctioned if you don't have a good enough reason for not attending it,

But from what i have read if you are in the support group then no you do not need to attend the work focused interview http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/scotland/benefits_s/benefits_sick_or_disabled_people_and_carers_s/employment_and_support_allowance.htm#h_work-focused_interviews

But I've also found this which seems to say the opposite http://i.imgur.com/bVIO2xZ.jpg?1 and there is some discrepancy regarding the frequency of WFI's some suggest 1 every 6 months, i t may well depend on the area that you reside in,

Hi Estellyn, Tommy. Thanks for your reply's and the links provided. To answer your question. I am in the Work Related Activity Group. I think I better go why take the unnecessary risk and get sanctioned? Do you know the answers to my first two questions? Thanks Tom

Only those in support group don't have to attend. I don't think there's a certainly frequency.

There does not seem to be a set frequency, it seems to depend on how understanding they are with you.

Yes if the WRAG group you do have to attend.

What they are about again depends on them, be careful what if anything you sign up for, because once you agree to something you have to attend, or your money could be stopped.

What they are about again depends on them, be careful what if anything you sign up for, because once you agree to something you have to attend, or your money could be stopped.

Okay thanks for the warning Lilly.

I have heard they put some people on courses and others it's just a simple easy chat and that's it! I guess it varies from person to person.

Interview is tomorrow. I'm shaking has I type. Just one more question...What should I or should I not sign? I ask because I have been reading around and do you have to sign anything that I should I be aware of what not to sign in regards to the data forms that others are told they have to when they go to the a4e places ? or am I getting my wires crossed!

Read everything very carefully, and if you are uncomfortable with anything, insist that you take it away to read at home.

If you can, I'd recommend taking a friend with you to provide moral support and to cast a critical eye over any papers. Appreciate that this may be difficult to arrange at such short notice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.