• Tweets

• Today is the last chance for those aged between 20 and 25 to nab themselves a free four-year railcard by opening an account with Santander.View the full article
    • The address is only a paper address with no actual manned staff address. Police have rang me this morning and taken some more information including the details of the driver who they say they will contact and interview.  They are also putting in a formal request to Shiply to get the couriers driving license and biometric information held on file. IF anyone else has been in the same position with this particular courier, please please let me know and we can perhaps go down the strength in numbers route xx
    • Heres a point, while we wait for @theoldrouge to condemn rather than promote and support right wing bigots spouting genuine and clear monstrous antisemitic rhetoric ... Isn't it actually specifically unlawful to promote violence against politicians on top of laws to criminalise such things? ... As is reported happening in these closed facebook groups run by Tory staff and where a Tory police minister and the Tory London mayor candidate are members and post?   .. or do the Tories (seemingly like tor) only promote laws for protecting the hate spouting hard right ?   "“Some of these (Tory facebook groups) posts constitute the most appalling racism and I would urge the Conservative Party to swiftly distance itself from these hate-filled groups and urgently investigate what role any Conservative politicians and officials have played within them. “Susan Hall and the Tory MPs who have belonged to these groups need to come out and explain why – and to denounce the content they have tacitly endorsed by their membership.” "Reporters found widespread racism and Islamophobia as well as conspiracy theories and celebrations of criminal damage on the pages, including sharing the white supremacist slogan and antisemitic videos. " "Unearthed found that 46 out of the 82 admins have clear links to the Tory Party, including a recent digital campaign manager for the party and a conservative activist. Conservative councillor for Haywards Heath, Rachel Cromie, is an admin on all the groups. "     Also interesting that Facebook groups opposing 20mph speed limit in Wales are being run by English Tories   Conservative-run anti-Ulez Facebook groups hosted racist and Islamophobic posts - Unearthed UNEARTHED.GREENPEACE.ORG Tory staff running Facebook groups described as 'cesspits of vile racism' WWW.THENATIONAL.SCOT TORY staff and activists are running Facebook pages which are riddled with white supremacist slogans and Islamophobic attacks... Conservative-run anti-ULEZ Facebook groups are rife with racist and violent posts   Conservative-run anti-ULEZ Facebook groups are rife with racist and violent posts - London Post LONDON-POST.CO.UK A coordinated network of 36 Facebook groups opposing London’s ultra-low emission zone (ULEZ), run by Conservative councillors and...  
    • Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Arrow/Shoosmiths - claimform - old CAP1 card 'debt'***Claim Dismissed***

whitsend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes ...keep checking with the court if they have filed and if not have they struck it out.

Andy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

If you have the court hearing on Monday then no doubt you would have received the judges directions stating that each party to file & serve their witness statement & any docs to be relied upon no later than 7 days before the hearing.

I found out the hearing date when a telephoned the court as a had not heard whether they had filed their Directions Questionaire.

I was expecting something before the hearing date but was out of the country last week. But have not received anything yet. The last thing I had was a copy of the reminder to Arrow Global to file.

I am still waiting for a signed copy of the credit agreement, they have so far only sent me the statement of account and a signed application form. I did originally send in a statement to say this was statute barred when they went for the CCJ.

Go for statute barred , tell them nothing of what you have seen in the sar pack but provide the page which you say proves your last payment., chances are their representative wont have a clue. If that is a no go you may well have to ask for an adjournment. Explain you have received no paperwork and have not been able to properly form a full defence.

if you don't get an adjournment and the SB fails argue the Application form is not the agreement. If the Application Form does not contain the prescribed terms it fails s78 read up on here why. it further fails under s61.. s127(3) applies. get reading take notes. You only have the time for a basic understanding but that may be enough for the judge to adjourn or you to win.

Can you post up the application form?

WON lloyds walked away after second hearing £10,000 2014

WON Mbna after 3rd hearing £5,000, 2014

WON Barclaycard 1st hearing £2015, 4,500

Once both parties have submitted their DQs the court issues a Notice of Allocation...this gives you the directions...dates ....to comply with and the trial date....if you follow all the instructions with the NoA then you should be fully prepared for trial.

It really does not help us or you whitsend when there is a 4 month gap in your posting.....I hope you have submitted your standard disclosure and witness statement.

Too late now if not.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Have you tried contacting the court regarding the crucial missing info that claimant should have filed (witness statement etc) and that they will be relying on in court. They are supposed to file a copy with the court and also serve a copy to you by the date stated in the notice of allocation that you also haven't received. If hearing is on Monday then I'd be getting in touch with court to find out what the hell has happened PDQ.

This is the application they sent as a credit agreement.

There is a four month gap as I haven't heard anything from anyone until this week, when I got a pack through from Arrow Global, with there information on for Monday.

What do I need to file for a statute barred defence as I do not have any documents to rely on.

This is the application they sent as a credit agreement.

There is a four month gap as I haven't heard anything from anyone until this week, when I got a pack through from Arrow Global, with there information on for Monday.

What do I need to file for a statute barred defence as I do not have any documents to rely on.

And what was the info from Arrow that you received this week.

their documents they are using in court. A witness statement, a statement of account and the signed application form they saying is a credit agreement along with the terms and conditions attached to it. There is also a copy of a request for CCA from me.
Well without knowing what their WS says in which they rely on to counter your SB defence then there isn't much more help I can give so good luck on Monday.

The witness statement says I defaulted 1.12.2008, and

then it is just a list the different collection agencies used and dates, and

then the dates Arrow Global took it over.

Then a copy of the letter answering my CCA request in 2011

saying as they were not the creditor

they did not need to send one.

well even if that CCA return is enforceable

they still haven't produced anything to counter you SB defence have they?

a statement?

mention as an exhibit in the WS?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Once both parties have submitted their DQs the court issues a Notice of Allocation...this gives you the directions...dates ....to comply with and the trial date....if you follow all the instructions with the NoA then you should be fully prepared for trial.

It really does not help us or you whitsend when there is a 4 month gap in your posting.....I hope you have submitted your standard disclosure and witness statement.

Too late now if not.

Andy

Yes hence the above post...you should have had your Notice of Allocation 3 months ago telling you to prepare a witness statement...and standard disclosure.

No I did not receive this.

I am now wondering if it is even worth closing my business for the day to go to court, as I am going to put up any defence. I will just be losing more money. And as this is mostly fees they are claiming, I am going to try and claim them back. As I had not done anything like this before, I did not know I had to do any of this.

Well if you had visited frequently and read other threads you would have noticed that you had not had it.Last time you logged on you were waiting for the claimant to submit their DQ in March....and now 3 days before your trial....anyway that's by the by...we are only trying to help you help yourself.

As you submitted a SB defence...you dont need to file a WS or standard disclosure......If you don't attend you lose...as it statute barred you dont need any further evidence...jst a case of turning up and getting the claim dismissed....assuming its statute barred.

Andy

I can't find anything in the witness statement that tries to prove its not statute barred.

I will go through it again but it just seems to be a statement telling the historical details of the case.

Might have been helpful to post that up as that's the crucial info needed. As the defence was only based on SB I wouldn't get hung up about missing paperwork or CCA as the only thing the court will be interested in is the SB aspect of it that your defence is based on. Are you sure there is no mention of payment details within their WS or exhibits that they wish to rely on to show it isn't SB.

Ok sent to court today,

Arrowglobals witness statement said that it wasn't statute barred as I had made a payment of £36.95 in July 2009.

However the judge went through the statement of account and the page with July 2009 was missing,

when he said he could not find said payment, Arrowglobals solicitor tried to give the Judge a copy of a page with it on.

The Judge said this was very erroneous, especially after going through the statement from 2000 to 2008,

and finding all payments were always rounded up to a whole figure, why would I make a random payment for that figure.

He asked where Arrowglobals proof was that I made this payment, as I said I hadn't,

and original creditor Capital One had said they received no payments from me after Dec 2008.

They said they had none.

The Judge said that if they were relying on that payment for the claim they should have done some work and provided proof.

He dismissed the claim.