Arrow/Shoosmiths - claimform - old CAP1 card 'debt'***Claim Dismissed***

whitsend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Whitsend,

If the last payment made to the a/c was Dec'r 2007 AND you have made no written acknowledgement of the debt since then, it became SB'd in early to mid 2014.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

that'll will do great

go file the SB defence now. on mcol

The following defence is all you need if it is SB

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).

2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract

and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act

If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the

alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause

of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of

any kind is denied.

Regards

nicked from Andyorch

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

wont hurt to read up on current cases

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

28 days have now passed and there has been no response from Arrow/Shoosmiths to the statute barred defence.

I have received a letter today from the courts.

It says Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track,

with a questionnaire asking whether I want mediation and other questions.

If I do not respond it says the court will take action as appropriate including striking out or entering a judgement.

Not sure what to do with this form N180.

Anyone else had this.

Every defendant gets one if the claimants wishes to proceed...you need to read a few threads whitsend to learn the process...make sure you complete it and file one time.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This is what I do not understand,

the claimant has not even responded to my defence,

and I now have written evidence of the debt not just being statute barred,

but made up mostly of fees.

Why do I have to fill in a form about small claims mediation.

I have checked and I cannot find a case on here that explains this procedure and how I fill in the form.

Do I just tick the box that says I do not want mediation.

I thought it would get struck out as the claimant has not responded to the defence.

and they

Fast Track ...No ...this is small claims track

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

This is what I do not understand,

the claimant has not even responded to my defence, They dont have to...they notify the court they wish to proceed..hence the N180 Directions Questionnaire

and I now have written evidence of the debt not just being statute barred,

but made up mostly of fees.

Why do I have to fill in a form about small claims mediation. Its not just about mediation that's one question read the rest...it allocates the claim to your local county court and if you fail to submit it your defence will be struck out.

I have checked and I cannot find a case on here that explains this procedure and how I fill in the form.

Do I just tick the box that says I do not want mediation. No you tick yes...all parties are expected to participate...even if it does not happen...you ticked yes

I thought it would get struck out as the claimant has not responded to the defence.

See above...

Andy

Really strange as Arrow Global who Shoosmiths are working for have replied the my SAR request and that states my last payment as being 21st December 2007. Most of the debt is made up of fees. Should I start to try and reclaim them.

I would concentrate on defeating their claim first.

no sadly you have to post it follow the instructions on the form.

dx

and they

I have checked the paperwork sent to me from arrow global

I have found a payment of 36.95 made 4th June 2009.

Before that it shows Aug 2008 to be the last payment.

Now when I phoned cap one they told me the last payment was made 21st Dec 2008.

I know I did not make a payment of 36.95, I alway round up to whole numbers.

Who is correct arrow global or cap one.

This makes it not statue barred.

I did not see this until I went through the paperwork they sent me again.

Also the credit agreement they have sent is my application form not a credit card agreement, does this count.

And they have also included a copy of the terms and conditions.

I have been to court with Arrow Global Shoosmiths regarding a credit card debit ,

I have requested the relevant documents which they have supplied some ,

the courts have given them until the 18th March to file a copy of the termination notice that was sent to me.

They have just filed a witness statement saying that the default notice also acts as the termination notice on expiry.

Is that the case as the judge stated that a termination notice should have been sent?

I would envisage that the Cap 1 payment is correct...and AG,s is a phantom...if that's the case then it is statue barred ...your defence should have reflected same and with regards to the DQ ...no to mediation and in the " other " box at the bottom of the N180 state your reasons why...IE its statute barred.

Andy

I have been to court with Arrow Global Shoosmiths regarding a credit card debit ,

I have requested the relevant documents which they have supplied some ,

the courts have given them until the 18th March to file a copy of the termination notice that was sent to me.

They have just filed a witness statement saying that the default notice also acts as the termination notice on expiry.

Is that the case as the judge stated that a termination notice should have been sent?

you need to start a new thread

of your own

dx

and they

Hi Andy

I don't think it was a refund of fees, should i question it or let it lie. Also do I need to go back the Arrow Global about sending me a signed application form and note a credit agreement.

I very much doubt it was a refund through AG...just complete the N180 as advised...the claimant will disclose once ordered by the court.

• 1 month later...

Had a reply today from court called General Form of Judgement or Order.

It is ordering the claimant to file their Directions Questionaire within 7 days of the order date, or their claim will be automatically struck out.

The date of the claim is 14th April, so does that mean if they don't file it by 21st, it will be the end of it.