Vodafone Default #9108783

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well this is a shock and certainly something that I will be aiming both barrels at Vodafone for...

In everything that has gone on recently, I have just found an all so lovely default from these guys.

I wont be held responsible for my next steps with them as I am Disgusted.

I wont say how much this is for.. But lets just say its the highest amount I have ever heard off for a Vodafone account....

Basically I have been in and out of the country for the last few years working, I left for almost 9 months earlier this year on work and spoke to Vodafone to set up a DD to pay for everything while I am away... (I usually set up auto payments so I don't have to manage anything over here while I'm away)

In March , I was packing to go away so made a call to a gentleman at Vodafone Customer Services during the middle of the month, with a view that March's payment would be set up for DD. He confirmed my DD details and advised as per normal that a DD would be taken on the 1st April around that time and then the same until further notice.

I have just found out that no request for payment was ever made. This in turn has caused the account to default even though Vodafone had my card details on record and could have then taken the payment via that method...

Lee - I want this sorted.... If not SAR and Legal Action will be coming your way...

I am fuming... But I will give you the chance to try and resolve this....

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Well this is a shock and certainly something that I will be aiming both barrels at Vodafone for...

In everything that has gone on recently, I have just found an all so lovely default from these guys.

I wont be held responsible for my next steps with them as I am Disgusted.

I wont say how much this is for.. But lets just say its the highest amount I have ever heard off for a Vodafone account....

Basically I have been in and out of the country for the last few years working, I left for almost 9 months earlier this year on work and spoke to Vodafone to set up a DD to pay for everything while I am away... (I usually set up auto payments so I don't have to manage anything over here while I'm away)

In March , I was packing to go away so made a call to a gentleman at Vodafone Customer Services during the middle of the month, with a view that March's payment would be set up for DD. He confirmed my DD details and advised as per normal that a DD would be taken on the 1st April around that time and then the same until further notice.

I have just found out that no request for payment was ever made. This in turn has caused the account to default even though Vodafone had my card details on record and could have then taken the payment via that method...

Lee - I want this sorted.... If not SAR and Legal Action will be coming your way...

I am fuming... But I will give you the chance to try and resolve this....

I am astonished!! How can something as simple as setting up a DD go so wrong?

I bet there won't even be a recording of the phone call as VF tend not to keep them for longer than 6 months.

Were there any letters waiting for you on your return?

I don't know if you ever saw Philhargs thread but it is similar to yours.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?302670-Vodafone-Incorrect-Default-*WON-out-of-court-settlement*&p=3375907&viewfull=1#post3375907

If VF fail to get their arse into gear, I would be inclined to do the same.

For some strange reason VF would rather stick pins in their eyes than remove defaults however wrong they are.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I am astonished!! How can something as simple as setting up a DD go so wrong?

I bet there won't even be a recording of the phone call as VF tend not to keep them for longer than 6 months.

Were there any letters waiting for you on your return?

I don't know if you ever saw Philhargs thread but it is similar to yours.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?302670-Vodafone-Incorrect-Default-*WON-out-of-court-settlement*&p=3375907&viewfull=1#post3375907

If VF fail to get their arse into gear, I would be inclined to do the same.

For some strange reason VF would rather stick pins in their eyes than remove defaults however wrong they are.

I did see a little of PHilbergs thread... Its a little different, but this will end messy if not sorted quickly.

The bills were coming in quite large, i was fine with it... No problem, But this is going to end badly I can feel it...

Like you say SF... Vodafone would rather stick pins in their eyes.

--------------------------------

Lee spoke to your staff in CS who confirmed last payment was March 28th, then they advised that there are no notes on the account, however they did note that the account was changed to DD for 1 day and then changed back for no reason.

What the hell is going on?... That call to make payment was also the call I made to set up a DD...

Wish i had recorded that call....

Thank you for that call Lee... Ill await further contact from you....

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Fkofilee, can you keep us informed as to what VF have done (if anything) Lee cannot post any of your case on the forum (DPA)

It would help to know if the 'debt' has been passed to a third party DCA and if so, how much have they added to the amount claimed.

While you have told me how much the amount VF are claiming, don't you feel that the rest of the Caggers know?

If there are early termination charges on the account, I feel they could be disputed too. Some mobile companies include minutes and texts with the contract BUT when an account is terminated, they total up the whole amount outstanding rather than the amount without the extras.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Well lee has said to me they only keep call recordings for 60 days... So seeing what went wrong wasnt possible from listening to the call recordings.

The debt has been passed to DRS who are Arvato Credit Services... Lee has said he needs to give them a reason as to why they should they should return the account. Arvato only administer and arent like Lowell who purchase debts.

They havent added any yet, but the £12,053 that Vodafone "Claim" I owe is a LOT of money...

The balance is made up mostly of ETFs i believe but id need to check the summary and bills etc... Something i no longer have access to as vodafone have killed the account.

Im sure i need to SAR them pretty quickly...

I believe as a rough guide that the true amount outstanding should be about 80% less........

Lee has said some of the notes have been archived and he will be in contact... I tried to be reasonable with him yesterday however, under the circumstances, its kind of difficult...

Are the ETFs legal?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

As I said before, I am not too sure of the ETFs but it is my opinion that the monthly amount outstanding should not include any calls or texts that are within the contract terms and should be reduced accordingly.

What I don't quite understand is why VF didn't cut the service off once a couple of months payments were missed. Did they do this?

They may have done but as i was out of the country at the time, I dont know. Itll probably show in a SAR request...

I suspect they did... be interesting to know when...

If they did does that mean that after they barred it, then technically they shouldnt include the calls / texts etc?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Why aren't you recording your own calls? You've been here since 2011. If you record your calls you will never regret it. If you don't, then sooner or later you will regret it a lot. Sooner rather than later in your case it seems.

Yeah I know, Lesson learnt the hard way... Problem I have is the I didnt expect this to happen... :/

Anyway ill report when i have an update.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Nobody expects it to happen – but it always does at some point – and this is why you have to record your calls as a matter of routine. Record every call – you can always delete the ones that you don't want. You can never reconstruct the one that you missed. Always record your calls – always – you will regret it if you don't.

Hi Lee

Caught your Voicemail, Tuesday is fine as I dont return to work until Wednesday, Please could we sort this out ASAP?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Noddle updated for me today and the VF account is gone?!!?!?!?!? Ouch...

Lee... Has this account been sold, to Capquest, Lowell or Cabot?... If so, this will be a problem to now try and get resolved........

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Interesting turn of events. Do any of the letters you have received from the DCA state 'our client'? If so then they are collecting on behalf of VF. If they are stating that they now 'own' the account, that is something else. I do wonder why the default has been removed. Have VF realised they have dropped a big bo***ck and removed the default as a pre emptive measure!!

Let's hope Lee has some answers. This should not detract you from your complaint as it shows the DD being set up then cancelled which you didn't do, VF did.

No letter yet, however as a temp measure i signed up to Equifax for their 30 day FT....

Its still appears with Equifax, but they may take a while to update... If I do get a letter which i should do , Ill let you know.

Callcredit used to have it below between these 2 accounts (RBS and O2) (Thats another kettle of fish)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55475[/ATTACH]

I doubt they would do that...!! Esp for that amount of money!

DRS / Arvato are one and the same, apparently they DID have the account. Im going to go on live chat... This should be interesting. Keep you posted.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Right an update for you all. We currently stand with the balance of £12053. Lee has checked with the Credit Liaison team to see if it has been removed from Callcredit and also has been sold to one of the listed above.

Lee has gone through the notes on the account and cannot see why it was changed back to "Cash" method of payment.

Ive made it clear to Lee that I will not be paying the full amount and he will be sending a link for me to fill out a SAR request. Either way i will get the info.

The account was suspended on the 8th May and on 2 occasions 2 x DCAs advised they had queries on the account which is interesting to say the least.

So if this is the case, then whats my next step. DO I pay the balance up until the 8th May? Thats still £4k which i would be happy to consider doing with a decent payment arrangement...

Problem is Vodafone have got me strung up by the balls in some aspect because I've signed agreements with them for them to provide a service. They suspended it due to non-payment and have defaulted it.

They have followed their process as they should... But where do I stand?

Lee even made a mention that I had told Vodafone that a payment for £3k should have been made at the end of April... Via (You guessed it... Direct Debit) ...

Lee; I know you are just doing your job here but this has to be sorted.... Sharpish...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

The service you have signed up for includes proper management of your account - not just the phone service.

The service you have signed up for includes proper management of your account - not just the phone service.

Yes BF, But Vodafone's T&Cs state they have no liability to me in this case... They have royally F***** this up!.

Whats more is that Vodafone's DSAR Form is interesting... To say the least...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55505[/ATTACH]

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Vf's t&c's aren't necessarily enforceable.

What do they say?

Which aspect of their SAR concerns you?

You do not need to use their form, you can make one up yourself.

As a phone account is not covered by the CCA 1974, the only way to get a copy IS to include it within a SAR although it took me quite a while to get my daughters contract from them after sending a SAR.

It is standard practice to include a code when a letter is sent from VF so that they don't clutter up the account with copies of each letter sent however they should keep copies of important letters received.

Keeping phone call recordings for between 3 and 60 days is ridiculous as most people wouldn't think about the calls. As it is, if you can find out what date and time you rang them, they may still have those recordings. I suspect that VF don't want these calls hanging around.

What VF should do without question is to supply every scrap of data they have and get confirmation from the data compliance manager that they have complied as if at a later date it is found that they have withheld data from you, that is quite serious.

What is most important is the setting up of the DD and the cancellation followed by what happened next, Calls? Letters? Phones cut off?

You do not need to use their form, you can make one up yourself.

As a phone account is not covered by the CCA 1974, the only way to get a copy IS to include it within a SAR although it took me quite a while to get my daughters contract from them after sending a SAR.

It is standard practice to include a code when a letter is sent from VF so that they don't clutter up the account with copies of each letter sent however they should keep copies of important letters received.

Keeping phone call recordings for between 3 and 60 days is ridiculous as most people wouldn't think about the calls. As it is, if you can find out what date and time you rang them, they may still have those recordings. I suspect that VF don't want these calls hanging around.

What VF should do without question is to supply every scrap of data they have and get confirmation from the data compliance manager that they have complied as if at a later date it is found that they have withheld data from you, that is quite serious.

What is most important is the setting up of the DD and the cancellation followed by what happened next, Calls? Letters? Phones cut off?

Yep, I agree with SF on this one, thats sorta of what I meant when i said about the SAR Form etc...

I need to SAR them... Desperately,. Im going to get this sorted on the 28th when I'm free from work... I'm going to go see Philharg to see if he can advise how he best dealt with them (If he is still around of course)

I know its a different scenario... But this very quickly is escalating into something that will be a bad situation. MCOL... Looks so pretty right now...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis