Virgin Media are ruining my life!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Notice of Intended Legal Action - a/c:xxxxxxxxxxxx

This is to put you on notice that i am proposing to sue you in the county court in 14 days. This letter initiates the pre-action protocol.

From the outset of my contract with you you have failed to carry out your contractual obligations in a satisfactory way.

Your contractual breach came to a head in june 2013 when i was no provided with no service at all or only sporadically until 29th august when i eventually accepted your contractual breach as a termination of our contract. You will see from your own files that you did not bill me for any notice fee or disconnection fee because of this.

Between june and august when you failed provided me with the contractually agreed service, i refused to pay you the the contractually agreed fee.

I eventually agreed to pay the fee after bullying threats from yourselves, even though i had not received the contractually agreed service.

It was only in xxxmonth yearxx that i discovered that you had placed an entry in respect of the unpaid fee onto my credit file.

I consider that this is an abuse of your privileged access to the credit reference agency database and furthermore you have no authority to place entries on to a customer's credit file when the reason for non-payment is because it is yourselves who are in breach of contract and also when an account is in dispute - as it clearly was at the time.

The entry on my credit file is causing me difficulty in obtaining a mortgage.

Despite several approaches to you, you have refused to remove the credit file entry.

I require the return of the money which you bullied me into paying you for a service which you did not provide.

Reasonable compensation for the problems caused by your various breaches through the time of my contract with you.

Compensation for the distress caused by your unlawful and inaccurate entry of personal data on the credit reference agency database.

If i do not have a satisfactory response from you within 14 days then i will sue you in the county court and without any further notice.

Yf

You haven't told us what is missing from your SAR - but if you have all the evidence, then do you need anything more?

No I guess not, I requested the SAR because I thought it was what I should do.

I am not sure what should be in the SAR which is why I don't know what is missing but I was expecting lots of paper work(?)

Well you have to have a clear idea of what is missing otherwise you can't challenge it. Also, you must have some objective to make by getting additional data or else there is no point in challenging it. If you have all you need then don't bother anymore.

Adapt the letter I have suggested above and let's see it.

Well I've written the letter pretty much word for word why has been suggested here (thank you so much!) I have been so busy at work but I want to send it, and get the ball rolling!

• 2 weeks later...

Please could you attach the letter as a pdf. We can't read it as it is

Can you please let us know when they do actually remove/update your file - we will then amend your thread title for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi, I don't have access to a scanner so took the picture with my phone. I will try and scan it at work.

Yes I checked Equifax today and it has changed to all green no default in sight!!! YAY! I cannot tell you how happy this has made me!