PCN Box junction - Pls Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received PCN for 'entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited'. PCN code is not given.

This is the first of this kind for me and I have no idea what chance I have to make a successful appeal against this. But I know that the overall stoppage was no more than 10 seconds near the exit of the junction when a car ahead of me stopped despite some available space in its front.

One thing I would say that when I entered into the box the cars ahead were moving with no blockage imminent on the exit. But the red taxi in the front chose to stop (when the space ahead of it was available) in order to allow pedestrians to cross. But then all along I thought that the camera operator will know all that and I can't be possibly be issued for such a brief stoppage anyway.

You do move a few times so the longest 'stop' is only a few seconds, adjudicators usually dismiss anything less than 4-5secs. They do not have much sympathy with your reasoning about the vehicle in front, you are supposed to await a clear exit just hope the car in front leaves you a space.