back dated pip payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone advise how the payment system works for back dated pip. My son got a letter to state he was awarded enhanced disability and low mobility, after 7 months. Unfortunately it was paid to a closed account on 12 Dec. No warning that he was getting a payment, or to check if details were correct, my son has autism. I rang to give an account number it could be paid to, and they said it will take a week for the payment to be sent back to them, then my son and I have rang practically every day to see if it was back, my son has extreme anxiety. After getting a load of tripe off call handlers, eventually a team leader advised the payment had been received back to them and was with the case manager who has to resend payment to the correct account. Are the payments made by chaps?bacs?He's very upset it's taking so long, has not been out of his room he's so depressed. Can it be paid quicker, he is 22 and was only diagnosed this year after assessments from age 4 years, misdiagnosis also, there's another story.Thankyou

• 2 weeks later...

they are normally send by bacs as far as i am aware so that's how they will send it to yourself/your son you have to also take into account the recent Christmas and new year period with the time the DWP and processing centres would have been closed i know its been a few weeks since the 12th of December.

i know its a little frustrating but the DWP usually send it to the account they have on file if his bank account details change again in the future always let them know as soon as you can to avoid any other problems like this one.

just hang in there the payment will be sent to you. phone them up Monday and chase it up it should only take 3 working day from the day they process the payment so if you have not received it by Friday then tell them you want to make an official complaint and speak to a manager

i hope it all gets sorted out for you and your son

• 5 weeks later...

Well i applied in june 2013 for my PIP was getting dla at higher rates until then , have had nothing since and this week being jan 2015 been called for an assessment by Capita, wonder if they will back date that far then? Anyone know the complaint address for dwp as i think its taking the pee pee a bit the lengh of time.......

My husband was getting DLA and was invited to apply for PIP. This was in June 2014 and he had his assessment in Nov 2014. He was awarded enhanced rates in both but it's not back dated. It's only back dated if you contact them to report change in condition not if you are invited to apply for PIP. He was awarded enhanced rates on 2nd Jan 2015 but it doesn't start until Feb 2015.