Walked Away from all my debts.

sirbob10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I know I've done the wrong thing in moving home and not informing any of my creditors but I was just so ill and stressed.

my husband and I lived in our home which was mortgaged with our 3 daughters.

I work but my husband is on benefits (ESA SG, DLA MRC and LRM)

We had a secured loan and charging order but due to my husbands illness and lack of money we decided to give up our home and rent.

Our home was repossessed and we have moved but not informed any of the creditors.

do I just wait for them to find me?

Or do I contact them all to tell them my new address. I'm scared they will write to my employer and get an attachment of earnings.

We are finally starting to feel happy again and are children are settling nicely but I'm worried this is all short lived.

Can anyone offer me any advice on how to proceed.

Many Thanks

Hi there

Sorry to hear about what has happened.

First of all, we need to know the following information on your creditors. People here may be able to offer advice on how to tackle various ones. Your best bet may be to start tackling a few of them at a time head on. People here can help do that.

First stage is always information.

Apply for the £2 statutory credit reports form all three of the Credit Reference Agencies. (This is important to see if any CCJs were awarded in judgement due to paperwork going to old address) It will also help see what the picture looks like.

Second, Once we have a list of current owners of the debt and work out where they came from there is the CCA routes and Subject Access Requests looking for penalty charges (Credit cards and things) or PPI which are reclaimable WITH INTEREST. IN some cases esp with credit cards these can wipe the balance.

Orignal Owner of the DEBT

Curent Owner of the debt (If known)

Is there a CCJ on the debt

Type of debt (Overdraft, credit card, loan, phone, catalogue)

Rough amount.

Rough Date of the agreement.

As you home has been reprocessed im assuming that all debts remaining are unsecured.

Time to stop waiting for the "axe to fall" and instead take back control :)

Also no phonecall discussions with any creditor. ALL IN WRITING even if they try and trick you into talking over the phone.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I'm afraid that it probably is fairly short-lived. They will find you.

Best thing to do would be to go bankrupt. The you don't need to hide anymore and after a year or two, you can start out again from zero

By the way, if you apply for statutory credit reports, you will have to give your new contact details and although they are acting unlawfully because they would be doing it without your permission, this new data will be added to the database and your creditors will be after you again before you can say a very short word

If you want to check for CCJ's without your new details being registered with the credit reference agencies, you can use the Trustonline site. But they do charge per search.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

If there was a debt left behind related to the mortgage, this can be subject to court enforcement for a period of up to 12 years. As Bankfodder suggests going down the bankruptcy route might be a way to deal with all the debts over a relevant period and not be living in fear all the time for many years to come.

If you phone National Debtline they can advise you on the way forward.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/Pages/default.aspx

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

Many thanks for the advice. Our home was only repossessed in Sept 2014 and is currently up for sale.

The mortgage company is aware of our new address but the others aren't.

We were with Payplan so my plan was to contact them and they have a list of all our creditors as I couldn't list them all off hand.

Our secured loan is with Picture and the charging order was from Natwest (Irwin Mitchell deal with this)

We do plan on going bankrupt but the only thing is our car.

The finance is in my dads name and I know if we went bankrupt they'd take the car leaving my dad paying for this.

I'd rather die than do this to my dad, not because I fear him but I'd couldn't deal with disappointing him.

I'll contact Payplan and see what they advise is best.

Hi

Many thanks for the advice. Our home was only repossessed in Sept 2014 and is currently up for sale. The mortgage company is aware of our new address but the others aren't.

We were with Payplan so my plan was to contact them and they have a list of all our creditors as I couldn't list them all off hand. Our secured loan is with Picture and the charging order was from Natwest (Irwin Mitchell deal with this)

We do plan on going bankrupt but the only thing is our car. The finance is in my dads name and I know if we went bankrupt they'd take the car leaving my dad paying for this. I'd rather die than do this to my dad, not because I fear him but I'd couldn't deal with disappointing him.

I'll contact Payplan and see what they advise is best.

If the car is your Dads and he has the finance for it, I don't think they could take it. It is only your property, which the court appointed officials want to seize to sell to pay towards the debt. Plus it is a financed car and if the finance is registered against the car, it is the property of the loan company, so could not be taken.

You need to continue to gather information and work out a way forward. When the house is sold and the amount of debt is worked out, then that is probably the best time to take forward any bankruptcy.

With Payplan, if you are still paying via them, then ask them for an up to date statement of payments being made to creditors. Payplan are a company and not a debt charity. You should check whether all of your payments would go towards the debts, as Payplan may be taking a fee. If you moved to Stepchange debt registered charity, all of the payments you make go towards your debts.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Please do not let any of the DMPs bully you into an IVA - you want to go Bankrupt - this gives you a fresh start after the BR period. IVA drags on for years and almost always we have people come to us advising that the IVA has failed and they still have problems.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

is the car finance hp/conditional sale in fathers name

if so car belongs to hp co till final payment,and as paid in his name with proof of agreement

it could not be taken

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

no agreement is in fathers name, father is, in effect, hiring the car at the moment,

you are merely using with his permission

they have no say in his affairs

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Well 1st creditor found me. It's a letter from Arrow regarding a Very account. I'm going to hang on until the rest start to turn up before tackling them head on.

I'm hoping that my husbands application for PIP goes through. He's currently on DLA but had to apply for PIP. He gets low rate mobility but we are hoping this is upped so we can apply for a mobility car then my dad can sell the one we pay him for and we can go bankrupt without the threat of loosing the car.

Does anyone know what is classed as income when going bankrupt. I work part time and receive CB ESA, DLA, WTC, CTC, Child Benefit and housing benefit

Thanks

as regards the car,

if you are sucessful with the mobility car

and if your father finds there is not enough money to sell and pay off the finance

do come back here and consider Voluntary Termination of the agreement under s99cca1974

we can help with this

you can VT at anytime

you would have to make up the shortfall to 50% of the total agreement

but this includes the deposit

1)add the total of the repayments you have made to the deposit

2)look at the total of the agreement

and divide by 2

take 1 away from 2,

that is what you would be liable for

I've just looked at the paperwork and we paid £16500 for the car + £500 for service package. Plus the interest we borrowed = £20,038. We've paid £3509 to date. We didn't pay a deposit we just put in our old car and they gave us what was outstanding on the finance for that car.

The settlement figure is £15045 and we were offered £13000 as a px on a newer car but we are waiting to see what happens with our PIP claim.

ok, way too short for vt then