Claim against Better Bathrooms

nit_mis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking forward to take this case for claims against Better Bathrooms. So I need some help here at this forum to proceed with this matter. Its not always about money or myself, but I want them to realize how much pain a consumer bears due to their incompetent staff and unmanageable working practices. My bathroom work is all paused and therefore leaving me in a very troubled situation now.

I placed an order in a BB (Better Bathrooms) store but even after 10 days of horrified experience, I didn't receive my order. I paid additional charges for next day delivery. But after a series of irresponsible events (like order was delivered to some other customer etc. etc.), they mentioned that some of the tiles I ordered are not in stock. So, I cancelled the order.

Order was placed on Sat, 18th Oct 2014 for a next delivery at store in Slough. Order was paid upfront along with additional amount of around £50 for next delivery.

As part of next day delivery commitment, order for tiles was committed to be delivered on Tue 21st Oct 2014. But it didn't arrive.

I went to better bathrooms store in Slough same day (21st Oct) in the evening. I was committed by customer service and sales representatives that it will be delivered by Thur 23rd Oct 2014 and the next day amount will be returned. But no goods delivered and neither the next day delivery amount was returned.

On Fri 24th Oct 2014, I kept on chasing for the order calling customer services and courier offices about the update on delivery of tiles. But not until the end of day it was found that the order was delivered to a wrong address in Surrey.

On Sat 25th Oct 2014, I spoke with Sales Manager in the store who assured by the delivery by Tue, 28th Oct 2014.

Again due to mismanaged operations from Better Bathrooms, the order did not arrive. I kept on chasing for this whole day.
    The store manager called again on 28th mentioning the order will be delivered Wed, 29th Oct 2014.

While I was chasing courier company, they mentioned that they are not sure where the order is at the moment.

We again went to store asking the manager about what's actually happening. I was told that they are still trying to search where the order is. Forcing the manager about the severity of situation, he raised a fresh order. But the same night, I was mentioned that there are not enough wall tiles in stock.

So I cancelled the order.

Hi nit_mis

Welcome to CAG

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (Ordered tiles 18th Oct. to be delivered on 21st Oct., paid £50 for next day delivery), how they have let you down (failed to deliver to date, subsequently poor customer service when chasing up the order, false promises made on numerous occasions, lack of organisation etc) and what you want them to do (deliver tiles and compensate).

Send it to:-

Mr Colin Stevens

Managing Director

Better Bathrooms

[email protected]

@rebel11

Thanks for your reply and guidance. I shall begin the process as you mentioned. I was unable to find right words earlier but your words are exactly the one I should be looking for :-)

@honeybee13

I think I had specified what had happened since I placed the order and cancellation of same. I had builders/plumbers all ready for the work. The set up was all done by them already for the tiles to finish-off bathroom. Due to this 10 days of delay, I had to pay additional labor charges.

Apart from money, 10 days completely lost due to delay of order. Even more because I had to go and find alternate options after cancellation and further delay of work.

It has also caused lots of stress. We had called our parents altogether from a different country just for this building work as we both (me and my spouse are in full time work) are full-time working and need someone to provide inside access to the builder. They are already gone now and the bathroom is still incomplete. The planning has been completely messed up.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned, I have posted a complaint letter describing timelines to Better Bathrooms.

As expected, they apologized for inconvenience and disappointed at their service but did not commit to paying for compensation by pointing to terms and conditions.

I would like to fight for this as their 'sorry' wouldn't rectify 'consequential losses'.

Could you please prescribe next course of action?