prospects course if you are on ESA

manicus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been "mandated" to a ascension meeting next week and do not wish to attend. i was signing on jsa for a very short time months ago and as soon as i saw this course in the form of an induction i signed off and started self employed work to escape but to my horror they called me every day for two weeks wanting to know what i was doing. i did all i could to avoid them as it was harassment but i finally gave in and gave my details. however i am currently sick and on esa and to my horror they have surfaced again! What happens if i just ignore the letters and dont attend? i guess i get my benefit taken away? but what else might happen? are all future attempts not allowed in terms of claiming? i really want nothing to do with them and there demeaning "course".

i will ask my doctor to call them this afternoon. it seems bad that esa tell them when you are back on benefit. once fit there is no way i would go on jsa again as i really dont like these prospects people - they treat ex head teachers like kindergarten. its a way of policing people under the guise of "helping you"

what is a support group? i think i will probably have benefit taken away a si refuse to cooperate. i would be interested to know when i can reclaim or if i even can and how long it takes prospects to come after me again

I thought you could get sanctioned on ESA unless in the support group.

There are some circumstances where ESA claimants can be sanctioned, but not for failing to comply with conditions that are part of JSA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

well doctors letter sent off. he genuinely diagnoses and feels attending will worsen my condition - i will await the response. got the letter sent off might arrive in time. got the standard prospects text today. does anyone know the sanctions procedure??

as an aside i find the letter grammar to be ripe for ridicule - i have been "mandated to an ascension cohort". sounds like dodgy dating meets a religious meeting! "ascend...man dater"!!

Are you on the Work Programme ?

If so, there is a set of rules that the DWP has published regarding the format of any Mandatory Activity Notice:

• Ensure that the activity is reasonable in the participant’s circumstances
  • Ensure that the participant is aware of the sanctions consequences of failing to participate in a mandated activity
  • Notify the participant in writing on a Mandatory Activity Notification (MAN):
  • The specific action that they are required to undertake
  • When or by when they must undertake it
  • That the action is mandatory
  • What evidence, if any, they must supply to demonstrate completion
  • The potential consequences should the participant fail to comply. Required wording: If you do not undertake the activities required in this notification your benefit could be affected
  • For JSA participants you must include the wording as outlined in paragraph 34 regarding the consequences of not participating
  • For IS lone parents (claiming IS solely on the grounds of being a lone parent) and ESA (WRAG) lone parents with a youngest child aged 3 – 4 years, you must state on the notification that ‘this activity forms part of your work-related activity action plan.’
  • The MAN must be either handed direct to the participant or sent by post

In addition, all customer facing documents must display both the JCP+ and the ESF logos:

32. Please Note: The Work Programme is European Social Fund (ESF)

funded and you must display the ESF logo on all your participant facing

materials (DWP Provider Guidance Chapter 11 - ESF Requirements

(England Only). You must also display the Jobcentre Plus logo

(communication centre) alongside the ESF logo. It is important that you

access the most up to date information on logos whenever you make a

change to your notifications.

Depending on the nature of this "activity", failure to attend could see your benefits sanctioned - Without seeing the full text of the letter, it is difficult to advise further.

Edit: Did a google search for this "ascension" course run by Prospects thinking that any reputable provider would post the information on the internet where it can be scrutinised. The closest I could find was: http://www.vision4life.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Prospects-forAscension.pdf - :suspicious::spit::bolt:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

well i was on JSA for a very short time. i was inducted on prospects and had a appointment which i attended as introduction. as i did not want to do the course i signed off and worked as self employed. prospects persistently bothered me on a daily basis. all for my tax number.

then i was taken ill in june - my doctor feels its unreasonable i should have to attend

There are some circumstances where ESA claimants can be sanctioned, but not for failing to comply with conditions that are part of JSA.

Sorry Atone my reply was badly worded - I meant to say if on ESA depending which group you are in, ESA has its own mandatory rules.

Manicus have you had your medical yet for ESA or are you still waiting for that.

i had medicals on past claims but have not had a medical for this new claim yet. am still waiting. i would have thought prospects will get my doctors opinion by tomorrow which is the appointment day