PPI Citi Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If it helps, I had recently done a SAR to Citi and have since sent a FOS PPI questionnaire in, Sept 19th - no response as yet.

The thread is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?433020-Hillards-v-Citi-Cards-(PPI) ;-)

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

A question to Hillards. To which address did you send your SAR to Citi?

I sent my SAR to

Citi Cards

CitiFinancial Europe PLC

PO Box 49920

London

SE5 7ZF

They sent the data requested so I then sent my FOS questionnaire to the same address, but have heard nothing yet.

• Confused 1

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Many thanks. Please see my last e-mail! Apologies again.

We crossed :-) No worries.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the person who deals with letter writing at Citi has been on a long holiday as I've only just had a response to my enquiry as well :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Best to read more about what you are claiming, so you can understand what is involved. Here's the CAG site guide: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318646-PPI-Single-Premium-Your-questions-answered

Look at post #10 for the spreadsheet. Enter in the date and amount of all PPI paid, it will give a total and calculate the interest. Read the rest of the topic to find out how to work out the amount of PPI you paid in each monthly payment. Lots of examples to help you :-)

Still having problems downloading the statinsheet even though we have Excel 2007. Have others had this problem?

Excel 7.0 was part of Office 95, issued 1995. The spreadsheets offered on CAG are designed in much later versions so will simply not work in Excel 7 ;-)

OpenOffice should work, although I admit I've not tried it myself, just going on assurances from others who have.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what you've done in that spreadsheet but you have disabled the way it calculates the interest.

What I did with Citi was to fill in a copy of the FOS questionnaire and sent that to Citi for them to work it all out. As yet they have not got back to me, which is annoying, but I have had letters to say they are looking into my complaint.

The form 'consumer questionnaire' is on this page: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html - it may prove easier to start there and if you're not happy with their response then go on to work out what they should have offered. :-)

At this stage a spreadsheet is only a rough guide to what you may get, and can even be misleading if you don't get it 100%. Many PPI claims only pay interest on amounts charged whilst the account was in credit

• 3 weeks later...

I've no doubt that theoldrouge will have something to say about this. If the account is owned by Opus (?) then Citi will just pass you on. I wasn't aware they had farmed out some accounts like this, all my own dealings were with Citi and I'm just waiting for a cheque from them.

I fall else fails you may have to take them to court. My thoughts are that if your account with with Citi then your claim is with Citi.