Ebay problems.......

jaisunny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Question for the experts.

Need advise on where do buyers stand on returns of brand new items that the buyer has gone against terms and registered the hardware and software in their name which cannot be removed. Thus rendering the product useless to resell on new and cannot really resell on as used as its linked to someone else's name.

Advice on that?

When you say registered, do you mean something like a Product key that is now registered to an account? So something like a Steam key where you register the product code for a game and it then becomes linked to that users account?

When you say registered, do you mean something like a Product key that is now registered to an account? So something like a Steam key where you register the product code for a game and it then becomes linked to that users account?

Yes correct. Also a little like a laptop, where you buy a laptop then go onto the lenovo website for example and then register it in your name, similar to that too. But im sure with alaptop the registration can be remove by the manufacturer. In this case this cannot be done.

Yeah, if they've bought a steam code from you and registered it then they're basically out of luck if wanting to return it if you ask me. I believe Valve themselves can remove a game from someone's Steam account, but it would be a very long and difficult process if you're just a third party, and they may not even do it at all.

I'm not sure how the DSRs really treat this situation, but in my opinion if you register a Steam code then you're pretty much stuck and can't return it.

If you bought directly through Steam it might be a different matter since Valve can remove the game and refund all in one go, but if someone has just bought a CD key from a third party seller then it's a different situation altogether.