wrong ticket issued ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday July the 13th parked my car in a marked space and paid my £1 for one hour.

The maximum stay as stated on the sign is one hour,

there is nothing saying you must leave and not return in a certain time.

i put another £1 in for a extra hour,

the traffic warden arrives looks at my ticket and walks on

does his round of the car park and sees that someone had overstayed by 40 mins ans issues them with a ticket.

The bloke who got the ticket goes mental and tells the warden that I had been more than an hour

and insisted I get a ticket also.

Looking on my ticket it is issued for not displaying a ticket ??

can i appeal on a technical fault here?

You will need to appeal this or pay

As before you know it bailiffs will become involved and massive fees

If you have the pay and display ticket it will gave a time on it as will the parking fine

Should be a easy appeal

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

According to their website it is 1 hour limited.

"Notes: Ferry Way 1 hour limited waiting £1.00"

http://www.poole.gov.uk/transport-and-streets/parking/car-parking-charges/beach-car-parks/ (Right at the bottom of the page)

(Assuming this is all that is written on the meter) ... to me, this would mean you would have to leave the car park and come back again... but it's definitely not clear.

thank you for the reply guys, the car park is Ferry way Poole

there was only one ticket on display

Could you answer my questions, in post 6. It's important to know the exact contravention - what you stand accused of - and what was on display.

Code 06 is for on-street contraventions. You can check with the council whether that place is defined as on-street, or as a car park. If it's the latter, then the wrong contravention code has been used, but you'll have to find out to be sure.

And my other question? "did you have your second ticket on display in the vehicle when he started to issue it?"

Look - do you want to know where you stand or not? The question is not how many tickets were on display. I am asking whether the second ticket was on display, when the CEO started issuing your PCN.

Just tell us. If you don't I'm giving up on the thread because you can't be helped if we don't know the facts.

Look - do you want to know where you stand or not? The question is not how many tickets were on display. I am asking whether the second ticket was on display, when the CEO started issuing your PCN.

Just tell us. If you don't I'm giving up on the thread because you can't be helped if we don't know the facts.

He made it clear that there was only one ticket on display. I'm not sure what you're having a problem with.

You had paid for the all of the time you parked there. The CEO doesn't know if you were there for the previous hour, he's possibly just going on the member of the publics word.

He ticketed you for not displaying a ticket, but you were displaying one. Send an appeal and they should accept it. Send a copy of the ticket showing you paid.

He made it clear that there was only one ticket on display. I'm not sure what you're having a problem with.

Can't you read the post you yourself are quoting back at me?? I don't want to know how many were on display. It's irrelevant. Four times I've asked a different question and still nonethwiser. It's just a waste of time. You have to have a valid ticket on display when he starts issuing. Not any old ticket, as you seem to think. A valid, current one.

please dont get grumpy

the ticket on display was the valid one

previous one in glove box

^^^^^

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

looking at the car park and the wording on the road, where the ticket is a car park, contravention should have been 83 Parked without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket and not 06.

you say your ticket was clearly on display and the previous was in the glove box.

your appeal should be on 2 points

wrong contravention code

ticket clearly on display.

when you appeal send in a copy of the ticket purchased, to show a valid ticket was there when the PCN was issued.

your appeal should be on 2 points

wrong contravention code

ticket clearly on display.

What has the wrong code got to do with it? He is alledged to have failed to display a valid ticket that is the only contravention that needs to be addressed.

however the wrong code was used to issue the ticket, 06 instead of 83, so i would have thought that to points of appeal would be better than one

What has the wrong code got to do with it? He is alledged to have failed to display a valid ticket that is the only contravention that needs to be addressed.