Flybe & baggage ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was looking to book flights for my dad to fly from Glasgow to Cornwall and went through the Flybe website. For the dates I wanted, it showed only three seats left (end of July & return at end of September). I inadvertently added up to 20kg baggage which isn't required, but saw you could update details in the account section later.

I checked the site thoroughly over the weekend (flight was booked on a Friday evening) but couldn't find any way to remove the baggage from the ticket. I called on the Tuesday to discuss this, and the Contact Centre said they couldn't do anything other than remove the baggage but still charge for it. They advised I had to speeak to the refund office.

I called the refund office only to be told the Contact Centre would have to agree to the refund before advising me to come through to the refund office! As they hadn't mentioned any of this, I was informed therefore it was deemed non-refundable.

I am not looking to cancel the flight tickets, just remove the baggage element as not needed. Is this part covered under distance selling rules? There is sufficient information about not being able to cancel a seat, nothing relating to baggage being set in the same way. In fact it clearly implies that is able to be altered through the website. The fellow at the refund office advised they know at Flybe you can't alter baggage once selected.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi smokiejoe

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Have a look at their T & C's, see if there is a lack of information there, that would make it 'unfair'.

Send it to:-

Mr Saad Hammad

Chief Executive

Flybe

[email protected]

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I've sent an email marked Formal Letter of Complaint.

I checked the website again and couldn't find anything that advises baggage selections are unalterable once selected.

Regards.

Hi, thought I'd give some feedback. Firstly, thanks to rebel11 for the advice and information about email address. I've had a reply today and on this occasion it has been agreed to refund the baggage charge. I'll be sending an email to thank them for their action.

Thanks!