Kwik Fit fitted wheelbearing incorrectly which has caused numerous other problems

andy1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

i own a vw passat '02 and i recently had some work carried out by Kwik Fit in Canterbury as i have recently moved there to study at University.

I took my car in to their service centre on the wincheap road to have the front drivers side wheel bearing replaced. They said they could carry out the work the same day and that they would telephone me when the car was ready. I eventually phoned them several hours later to be told that they could not get the part until the next day but that they had already dismantled the car and so i could not have the vehicle back. This was an inconvenience but these things happen sometimes.

I collected the car the next day and went on my way. After a week or so i noticed that my ABS was kicking in when it wasn't needed and the next day both the ABS and Traction Control lights came on. I took the car to my local independent garage (now being back in the midlands for the summer!) who i know and trust.

They told me that the reason the lights were on was because the cable from the sensor for the ABS etc had not been put back properly and had been rubbing on the wheel and so had to be replaced. This work was carried out by my local garage with a very minimal labour fee and i accepted that i had made a bad choice but it was now resolved.

A couple of weeks later however, the lights return! So i took the car back to my local garage who, after taking the front right assembly apart discover that the wheel bearing was fitted incorrectly and so the sensor was not working! I am hopefully getting my car back today but it has cost me somewhere in the region of £600 (estimating the most recent bill) to have a wheel bearing changed on a car worth little more than double that!

Has anybody had a similar experience and what is the best way to proceed swiftly from here?

I am student working part-time and this has crippled me!

Thanks

Edited by andy1989

Please would use better spacing and paragraph returns. I've done it for you but it is a nightmare trying to read solid blocks of text on the screen. People will be much more likely to help you if you help them to read your story

Thanks for the response,

I've filled in their online complaints form but from what i've read i am unlikely to receive any response. I couldn't return to the same garage to have the problem rectified as i am now around 200 miles away and at any rate don't trust them anywhere near my car! My local garage only discovered the problem yesterday so I have yet to update Kwik Fit of the latest developments but i shall do as soon as i have the report and the damaged part from the garage. I am unsure whether to contact the branch or the Head Office any thoughts?

Quick fit are rubbish, my car failed its MOT once, because the 2 brand new tyres Quick fit had put on the front of my car 2 days earlier. were different sizes

i took it back and they did replace one of them