Need advice on swifts

slider1a
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Firstly, I am writing this on behalf of my mother who does nothing and hopes everything will be fine but i am not sitting there doing nothing. Some years ago, my mother got a re-mortgage from swift advances. I know it was not too much but not sure how much it was. When my father got ill and he could not work, she could not afford the repayments. They kept on demanding that so much be paid a week, which she could not afford. Last year they repossessed the family home and the family moved out. I am not bothered about that as it was a really bad neighbourhood and glad to be out of there. But Swifts went to court not only for a repossession order but also a demand for £11,000. I know my mother never borrowed that much and she is a pensioner with not much money. They moved out and never told swifts where they were moving too and they tracked her down this week, sending her letters demanding the full £11,000. They have taken the house and in No way is anyone sending them any more money so i need some advice. The CAB are not much help here as they around here are notorious for not passing on information to relevant parties so i am not wasting my time with them. Any advice as too what can be done please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Slider, are they asking for £11k because there was a shortfall when the house was sold? I would get the agreement and have a look to see at what age your mother was when this loan was sold and over what period of time to pay. How much was it for? How much was repaid? Was there PPI? Is the broker still operating? If you can provide this info first before we ask anything else. I would recommend you make an appointment with the Money Advice Officer at the CAB which can be done at any CAB of your choice but they will need the above info for starters. It's inappropriate lending which must be tackled.

Maybe a SAR is in order on the OB in order to get all the paperwork needed

Penalty charges as well, might be worth claiming or counter claiming those as well.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

How long ago was the re-mortgage taken out?

When did payments cease?

When was the repo order made?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You also say re-mortgage. Was there another mortgage and repaid by a Swift loan or was there an existing mortgage and a loan taken from Swift secured on the property?

Come back here when you can with any info you have to start the ball rolling then we can explain more about SAR etc.

Have a read of this and there is a section for mortgages sold which run past retirement http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/i-think-ive-been-mis-sold-my-mortgage-what-can-i-do