Claims guys harassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear CAggers, wonder if any one has some advice.

i have been harrassed on an almost every other day basis by Claims Guys ( CGs) for payment of 'due fees'.

This relates to a case they pursued for me on a 'no win no fee basis'. In fact,

this particular case ( a loan from NAT WEST BANK, which as it turned out had already been dealt with succesfully by a differnt company a few years ago)

was 'dug out' by CGs after they sent a DSAR to RBS concerning a different case relating to some credit cards.

I was pleasantly shocked to hear from Claims Guys over a year ago now

that they had found a case with RBS who owed me over £4500 in PPI and that RBS had agreed to pay.

They did not tell me that this was the same case relating to the 'previous NAT West Loan.

So i assumed it related to some other loans or credit cards that i had had in the past.

They sent me the authority form subsequently and i signed it and returned it to them.

Afte some time a letter was indeed received from RBS to say that they owe me the sum of £4500 apprx.

To which, soon afterwards, Claims Guys quite rightly sent an invoice for their fees.

However the payment from RBS never materialised .

For over a year I got pursued by Claims guys regularly for their fees

and i received threatenning letters that my case is being passed on to debt collection agencies- hamilton fielding.

I kept telling claims guys i will pay them as soon as RBS sends me my cheque.

They contacted RBS last October 2013 and they came back to me saying the letter of authority was old

and RBS needed a new one. so

i gave them a new one which they forwarded to RBS.

Still no payment but still continued calls from claims guys as well as their standard threatenning letter.

Then last year I complained about it by wirintg,

They have not answered my complaints yet many months later.

However after some time- december 2013 they told me that RBS had gone back to them

and told them that there was no case as it had already been paid before

and it related to a loan with NAT West.

I confirmed that that was indeed paid some years ago.

Some of the workers there told me that they were going to speak to their managers about getting my name taken off their auto calling system

as there was no case to answer.

Yet i find myself in May 2014 still having to answer several calls per week from rude staff

who do not know really whats going on with my case except that the auto caller had put them on me.

They continue to request and continue to generate threatenning letters.

This is gettting beyong the joke as some of these staff are downright rude

.please let me know if anyone has experience similar and what can be done to rectify or stop these.

I have already told them i will complain to ministry of justice but this does not seem to stop them.

Ignore them.

If they ring laugh and hang up.

If they are calling you on your landline then contact your provider and go through their malicious calls procedure, if it is a mobile get a new number which nowadays should be free from your provider also.

Return all their letters marked RTS not known at this address, or just file them away in the 'ignore' drawer.

If you have complained to them, and they have sent you their final decision, OR it has been four weeks since you have complained and you are no further forward with ypur complaint, then you can escalate it using http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/claims-regulation/cmr-complaint-form.doc

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It would also help if you could space out your posts and put in some paragraphs please. It is very difficult to read otherwise

done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they are regulated by the MOJ

COMPLAIN to them!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you.

i do have a worry that they may claim that i have led them to pursue a claim which was already settled

and hence want me to pay their fees.

as i said previously i did not actually ask them to work on this

but they did so on their own after sending a DSAR

and finding out there was a loan with ppi on it.

It matters not, you have a lot more legal powers to throw at them than they would like you to think, or know about.

If they pluck that argument out then you know they are doomed to failure.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Abdel

If the claim has been settled, they know the claim has been settled and you had a 'no win, no fee' and they chase you for 'fees', it borders on fraud on their part. They should have a complaints procedure. You have no reason to fear them.

Today they called again from collections and left a message.

I called back.

They tell me they are investigating my complaint of six months ago

and has now passed my file to their compliance team.

Said they have removed my name from the auto caller.

About the threatening legal notice letters said these are computer generated and can't do anything about it.

I have quoted the case mentioned by rebel11 and told them am preparing a case against them.