Marlin/Mortimer claimform - Lloyds TSB Credt Card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what date is your hearing

I cant see you've told us yet?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Despite defending the claim. I have been ordered to pay. Very disappointed not the result I was expecting. Original paperwork stated that they would accept instalments. There is no reference to this so do I just ask the claimant for this arrangement

well w did see your defence

not a lot of good coming back here more than a month later to update us really.

so what defence did you file.........

lets get you moving forward

and now you've a CCJ?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi yes I did send off defence. Just received letter stating have to pay by 10 July. I can't afford to pay all in one go so what advice would you have for me now please

So when you received Notice that the claimant had applied to lift the stay (and I assume this was to request your defence struck and or that they requested Summary Judgment) you did submit a witness statement in response (not less than 7 days pre hearing)....clarifying your objections...and you did attend the hearing in person to fight the application ?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy

Yes it was submitted in time. But I didn't attend the hearing I didn't realise that I had to. On the original paperwork it says that they would accept payment in instalments but no mention of this in the notification to pay. With all the costs and interest added on I have no hope of paying a lump sum. What can u advise? Please

You can make application to vary the forthwith to monthly payments......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406098-LEGAL-N245-Application-for-suspension-vary-an-order-**Correct-as-at-October-2013**

Fee is £50

With regards to your post......

" On the original paperwork it says that they would accept payment in instalments but no mention of this in the notification to pay. "

I haven't the foggiest what you are referring to or what that means.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

You can make application to vary the forthwith to monthly payments......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406098-LEGAL-N245-Application-for-suspension-vary-an-order-**Correct-as-at-October-2013**

Fee is £50

With regards to your post......

" On the original paperwork it says that they would accept payment in instalments but no mention of this in the notification to pay. "

I haven't the foggiest what you are referring to or what that means.

Regards

Andy

Thank you Andy

The original claim that they put in to the court for the monies owed stated that they were prepared to accept monthly instalments. I was going to ask the debt collection agency if they would accept a reduced one off payment and if so how much or monthly instalments. Am I better off completing the form you have suggested? Thank you for your help it is really appreciated

Best to do it officially...through the courts......(N245) then the claimant cant hold you to ransom and keep hounding re payment reviews/ increased payments.

What happens if they don't accept the instalments?

Is there a chance of that happening?

My mum may be able to lend me some money although nowhere near the monies outstanding.

Is it worth asking if they will accept this prior to completing the form.

If they do agree something

can I then ask them to provide some sort of legal documentation for me to sign which can be logged at the court?

What happens if they don't accept the instalments?

If you don't ask you won't find out, the court will determine your payments on YOUR I&E.

Is there a chance of that happening? See above.

My mum may be able to lend me some money although nowhere near the monies outstanding.

No need to borrow money.

Is it worth asking if they will accept this prior to completing the form.

They already informed you they would accept instalments prior to taking you to court.

If they do agree something

can I then ask them to provide some sort of legal documentation for me to sign which can be logged at the court?

This is why you go through the courts, you won't get much more legal documents than they churn out.

As Andy said, use N245.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!