style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys

back in 2012 i got a speeding fine which i totally forgot about.

it got taken to court eventually and i got fined a vast amount.

the reason for never getting around to sorting it was the fact i was looking after my terminally ill dad and everything went by the wayside for at least 18 months

i started to pay this fine through my wages and paid £397.00 towards the £600 they fined me. when i lost my job i didn't think about the fine until a couple of months later, i contacted the court involved and they sent me out some forms to fill in along with income and expenditure. i filled in and sent back with my wage slips showing the amounts paid within the time frame they gave me.

lo and behold some weeks later there is a bailiff on my doorstep. i phoned the courts to be told that the material i sent back hadn't been received until three weeks after i had posted them! that serves me right for sending it snail mail - i also sent some other documents to another company the same day and they didn't receive them at all!) despite the fact they had all the information they needed they would not call off the bailiff and i was forced to pay £900 on the spot or the bailiff was ringing the police to attend to remove goods.

the court has said it has only ever receive one payment from my last employers.

when i contacted my old employers they very nicely sent my a breakdown of all the payments they had sent to the courts.

my dilemma is this - can i claim back the money already paid to them somehow? it seems unfair that i have paid £397.00 that they claim they have not received?

any help would be greatly appreciated