British Gas have let my Mum down. Not happy!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mum who is a 76 year pensioner, lives on her own,

has been relying on her 30 year inefficient boiler to keep her warm,

had it serviced by BG under a contract from new.

Every time the salesman, I mean the engineer arrives, he tells her it is now so old, parts are no longer available

and you need to buy a new one.

Well mum certainly cannot afford a new one, so I undertook to find out whether she is entitled to a free replacement boiler under a government scheme.

After speaking with and completing an application through the Energy Saving Trust,

she indeed qualified for a free replacement boiler and was told who would she prefer to have it installed by.

Mum being mum said British Gas, as she has always used them

and doesn't like the idea of the other big five suppliers as none of them have gas in their name.

She was accepted by British Gas and given a reference number supporting her application

but was told there is a shortage of surveyors in her postcode area and there will be a short delay before installation,

but this will not effect her application. That was 24/02/14 and she has heard nothing since.

I phoned BG today to chase things up and was told that they have now reached their allotted government funding

and will not install her boiler under the scheme.

I can't believe that BG have allowed this to happen, when her application was approved, awaiting installation.

If I had of known about this delay I would have told her to contact one of the other suppliers, but BG assured her it was approved.

The Energy Saving Trust can't comment as it was handed over by them to BG in the correct manner.

I'm not sure what to do next other than ring BG Customer Relations to have rant.

What do you guys think?

Should I write to the CEO to complain or will I be wasting my time?

Hi Chelsea Blue

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let your mum down (especially as she wants to be a British Gas Customer) and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Mr Chris Weston

Managing Director

British Gas

[email protected]. uk

To can also contact AGE UK on your mothers behalf:-

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/

There are plenty of other actions you can take, but lets see what the MD does first.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/domestic-consumers/making-enquiry-or-complaint

• 3 weeks later...

I would just wait a bit longer, especially with weekends and bank holidays.

Been over two weeks since I emailed Chris Weston a formal letter, yet no response at all.

I at least thought they would have the courtesy to acknowledge receipt.

Any advice?