style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can someone tell me if it is legal and acceptable for a meter reader from G4S to stand in my back garden,

point his phone at my bathroom window and take a picture of me standing at it whilst topless?

This is what happened last week.

Apparently there must've been a knock at the door.

I did not hear the door go as the water was running in the bathroom and I was about to have a bath.

The sash bathroom window was open about 2inches and I was standing at the sink next to the window when something caught my eye.

I looked out to see the meter reading guy complete with uniform and id card around his neck pointing his phone up at my bathroom window.

I shouted down to him "could you please stop taking naked pictures of me?"

He didn't respond and left.

I know it was G4s because a short while later I went out and saw their car in the area.

Is this acceptable behaviour for g4s acting on behalf of scottish gas?

Should I complain or am I over-reacting?

Was this for some kind of evidence to prove that I was in and not getting the door?

if so why would they do that?

You need to start with G4S and warn them what happened and that you are reporting the matter to the police.

If you are 100% sure it was G4S of course?

Then make a report to the local Police regarding the invasion of privacy.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks, yes I do know it was them.

They have been very intimidating in the past.

usually they knock so loud you would have to be deaf not to hear them

and they keep on knocking for ages as I was stuck in the bathroom once before when they came.

As I have ocd I am usually in the bathroom washing or cleaning something

and if interrupted I would have to start what could be a 8 hour washing ritual all over again.

I have tried to phone and arrange appointments so i don't get the surprise visits

which send my ocd through the roof,

but they never respond with times or dates.

So it is an invasion of privacy then?

The taking of photographs whilst you were in your own home by a stranger, especially when naked is an invasion of privacy yes, because you expect a certain amount of privacy in your own home.

This might also be on the cusp of a sex offence?

I strongly urge you to contact your local police, 101 unless you know their geographic number?

Utility Services (gas and electricity meters)

We undertake meter reading services on behalf of a number of major energy suppliers. If you have any customer enquiries about your service, of if you need to rearrange appointments, please contact [email protected] Tel: +44 (0) 845 300 5016.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!