123Electrical

ggx32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased a Zanussi Freezer for £200 in July of 2012 and it has now packed up. I contacted 123Electrical wo I purchased it from and they asked me to organise a engineers report which I have, at the cost of £44.

The Zanussi engineer has concluded it will cost more than the purchase price to repair which I communicated back to 123Electrical. I have now recieved a call from Zanussi direct offerring to replace the unit for £150.

123Electrical are stalling saying they need to talk to the manufacturer again.

Can someone with more knowledge of SOGA let me know if I am correct in thinking that 123Electrical should be replacing my freezer or giving me a full refund? 18 months doesn't seem very long in the life of a freezer, is there a time limit under which they should act?

regards

Dan.

Hi ggx32

Welcome to CAG

There shouldn't be any further outlay from you. You have the report (the £44 should be refunded). I'm not sure why Zanussi Direct want £150.

Your first port of call is 123Electrical, if it's beyond economical repair, then they need to replace or refund.

Amend the appropriate template, request a replacement/refund. Also tell them the report fee of £44 also needs to be refunded. Send it Recorded Delivery to 123Electrical.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act

How did you pay for it?

Hi and welcome to CAG

As well as the advice from rebel, please understand that you won't get a full refund as you have had 'enjoyment' of the freezer for the past 20 months.

Even if you accepted the deal offered by Zanussi, I wouldn't think that a £50 discount is a very good offer (based on the original RRP) A freezer should last at least 5 years (IMO) so if they offered a replacement for £80, I think that is a fair deal.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

HI,

So I am not entitled to a replacement even though it failed in only 20 months? That will leave us out of pocket as this item should have lasted a lot longer and we still need to replace it.

Dan.