• Tweets

• So I am now in receipt of a second Letter of Claim this time from DCBL although their letter head now says " DCBLegal"  😱 Now I'm guessing one response to a letter of claim is sufficient and I could ignore this but having been inspired by other snotty letters I wanted to have another bash at one. How does this sound? Dear Lackeys of Company with Unconscionable Morals, Thank you ever so much for gracing me with yet another Letter Before Claim on behalf of Excel Parking Services. How many of these delightful missives do you plan on sending before you muster the courage to follow through on your threats to take me to court? Just so we're clear, here is the response (in italics by that I mean the slanted text below) I previously sent to Excel’s Letter Before Claim, in case your attention to detail is as lacking as I suspect: I am currently 2-0 up in terms of Small Claims Court proceedings and I look forward to the opportunity to claim a hat trick, this case being more straightforward than my previous two. I will be asking the court for an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) due to your conduct over this absurd claim. Despite my best efforts, you continue to assert that I have breached your terms. However, I cannot breach terms that I was not present to accept. Have you even read my initial response? I suggest you review it thoroughly and save yourself some money. Additionally, please refer to section 13 of the IPC Code of Practice, 2023 edition. I eagerly await your deafening silence. Remarkably, I haven't heard a peep from Excel since my response; instead, they've passed the baton to you to perform this tiresome routine once more. Consider this my official notice that I am sending a cease and desist letter to Excel Parking Services. Their relentless hounding has crossed the line into clear harassment. Any further demands for payment from you, as Excel's lackeys, will be regarded as nothing more than shameless acts of intimidation and harassment. I now look forward to the deafening sound of your silence. Yours sincerely,
    • Personally I'd go to it and object for the sake of it. They have to attend anyway so I can't see you being liable for any costs or anything (if they try to ask for attendance costs, just say that firstly it is their application, secondly it is from their own making, thirdly that they would have to come anyway so you shouldn't need to bear their costs.   When you turn up you should object on the basis that the witness has been in office since the time of the order, and could have done their witnes statement in advance of their AL. Their poor planning is not your fault, 7 days is too rushed for you as a LIP and there is no good reason that a company can't organise itself to sort WX in time. Also they say finalise so they already have something, its not like thye have nothing. Their amendments cannot be so important if they are being added so late.   see what @AndyOrch says but that's my thoughts  
    • Yes, in the main your understanding of my case is right. Linked below to the post with the final WS sent to the court and to Evri.   
    • Hello, welcome to CAG. As you say, appealing this ticket doesn't help as these people hardly ever accept appeals. They don't care how difficult someone's life is, they just want the money. The forum guys should be along later with thoughts for you on how to deal with this. Best, HB
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HFC - PPI & Bank Charges From Dixon's Loan Back in 1999

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon,

Back in 1999 I purchased two items, a TV & a Hifi (on separate occasions) from Dixons on higher purchase over 48 months, on each loan.

At the time I was a student with a job, and I wasn't informed about PPI being applied to the loan.

It only came to my knowledge recently when rummaging through old paperwork, whilst clearing out my old room at my parents house.

I have the account number for the TV loan (taken from a payment book) but nothing else.

For the Hifi I have the account number, the credit agreement with amounts and printed on X in the Credit Protection Insurance section.

The loan details for the Hifi are such:

Sony Hifi £169.97

1+3 yr (I suspect this is the insurance) £75.00

Total cash price £ 244.97

Less deposit paid £ 30.00

Credit Amount £ 214.97

Interest Rate* 2.06% per month APR* 27.7%

Anticipated number of monthly repayments 48

Amount of monthly repayments £ 7.87

The loans were underwritten by HFC

The TV I think was around the same price, but without any actual amounts I'm unsure.

On both of these accounts I do recall getting behind on my repayments later on into the loan,

and gaining a lot of bank charges, to the point that I had to loan money from my parents at the time to both clear the charges and the loans.

I've never tried to get these charges back as I didn't think I had the documents with it being so long ago.

My really after some guidance as I not sure how to proceed with reclaiming both the PPI and the charges.

I did recently do a SAR request using the account number for the TV loan

however HSBC wrote back to me saying that they now service HFC accounts

and they have been unsuccessful in their search to locate my account,

using the information I have given them (account number, my name, & my old address).

They have asked for:

• personal information - Previous address history and date of birth.
  • legal agreement to confirm the account information
  • bank statements to show the account had the benefit of Payment Protection Insurance, including proof of any early settlement payments.

They have also said that they have destroyed the cheque for £10 that I sent to them.

I am thinking of starting from scratch as I haven't sent a request for the Hifi loan

and I have thought that it would be easier to start the TV loan request again along with the Hifi so that the dates will tally.

Could someone point me in the correct direction,

as I've been reading a lot of posts on here and several other website & forums

and I seem to be getting lost in how to go about gaining both the information relating to the accounts

& their charges and if I receive that information how then to proceed with reclaiming the PPI & the charges.

Family & friends has advised passing it all over to a PPI company,

however I would only like to do this as a last resort, as it would feel like a bit of a defeat.

I have reclaimed bank charges in the past for family and some for myself but from

what I've read the whole procedure has changed since 2007 when I did it for them.

Thank you for your time, and I'm very sorry for the length of this post I just wished to give as much information as possible.

Again thank you

you;ll find it hard to reclaim PENALTY charges outside of 6yrs

PPI is however not restricted by any time limits.

an sar would be the way to go.

you DONT have to include any numbers as such

its a person search NOT an account seach

as for the one you already know

link 1 tells you how to work it out

the spreadsheet is at the end

there is NO NEED to use a CMC

they have NO MORE CLOUT than you do!!

and they'll nab anything upto 50% of you 'win' after tax.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I always use a ctax bill

there no need for them to see a photo

nor a sig example

as you will be signing the sar anyhow

ofcourse yes you need to inc a list of addresses.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...