Sewage in basement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mums house has had a leakage of sewage in her cellar.

united utilities have admitted liability and have offered £200 in compensation. They have cleared the cellar and disinfected the area. they have admitted it has been caused by a blocked sewage pipe.

Unfortunately the cellar has been flooded many times in the past few years and my late father thought it had been caused by rainwater (heavy rainfall) and rectified the problem by buying a pump and clearing it. the house smelt for years as they assumed it was stagnant water. as the problem was underground most of the smell was contained.

my father passed away in October 2013 and since then the sewage has got worse as my mum is unable to use the pump. As we thought the problem was caused by water we suggested she contact united utilities for their help . They came today and admitted liability.

We would like to know our situation on how best to deal with this problem, it seems very unfair that old age pensioners in poor health should be living with raw sewage in their home .

Just too add that over the years many possessions were destroyed and exposed of due to this problem.

Thanks in advance

Hi colin

I think you need to write to United Utilities explain that this has happened in the past several times, explain that it was resolved by your father when it was United Utilities responsibility. Explain that your mum is a pensioner and doesn't need the stress of having to deal with this in the future. Tell them you want a permanent solution.

http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/aboutofwat/Contact

You could ask Age UK to speak to United Utilities on your mothers behalf.

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/contact-us/