Chandlers and ahouse full of disbled children CTAX debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

when you say councillors who do you mean? is that like council management?

No your elected ward councillor, and the councils elected leader. you know the ones that ask you to vote for them in local elections In fact I suggest you contact your local council member as soon as possible, you can find out who they are on the council website, or by typing your postcode into the search at www.wertetothem.com, you can write directly to the MP from there also.

I think the local councillor should see what the Officers are doing to residents in their name.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

council are saying there is nothing they can do i have to spea to bailliff

Total cobblers, there is no law that forces you to speak with a bailiff, and the council are TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE and can recall the account at any time, did they acknowledge your vulnerability?

Phone your local councillor now, the council are being obstructive and possibly acting unlawfully.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

i phoned the nearest councillerand got voicemail. i have phoned my housing officer and got voicemail i am now going to go cab and swindon council offices

i phoned the nearest councillerand got voicemail. i have phoned my housing officer and got voicemail i am now going to go cab and swindon council offices

Could you take a copy of Vulnerable situations with you

So long as you have proof, and evidence it should mean you are vulnerable, but councils and bailiffslink3.gif are notorious for ignoring this so you may need to involve your councillor and MP, if they get nasty, are you on any benefits at present?

Vulnerable situations

 Enforcement agents/agencies and creditors must recognise that

they each have a role in ensuring that the vulnerable and socially

excluded are protected and that the recovery process includes

procedures agreed between the agent/agency and creditor about

how such situations should be dealt with.

The appropriate use of discretion is essential in every case and no amount of guidance

could cover every situation, therefore the agent has a duty to

contact the creditor and report the circumstances in situations

where there is evidence of a potential cause for concern. If

necessary, the enforcement agent will advise the creditor if further

action is appropriate.

The exercise of appropriate discretion is

needed, not only to protect the debtor, but also the enforcement

agent who should avoid taking action which could lead to

accusations of inappropriate behaviour.

 Enforcement agents must withdraw from domestic premises if the

only person present is, or appears to be, under the age of 18; they

can ask when the debtor will be home - if appropriate.

 Enforcement agents must withdraw without making enquiries if the

only persons present are children who appear to be under the age

of 12.

 Wherever possible, enforcement agents should have

arrangements in place for rapidly accessing translation services

when these are needed, and provide on request information in

large print or in Braille for debtors with impaired sight.

 Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:

 the elderly;

 people with a disability;

 the seriously ill;

 the recently bereaved;

 single parent families;

 pregnant women;

 unemployed people; and,

 those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or

reading English.

no they are saying that its my fault cos i defalted and there is nothing i can do and i have to let them in

Again not strictly true, the liklihood is the levy is of too low a value, so challengeable.

I am in cab at moment. Council could not tell me how it was poss that they sent it to bailliffs on 18 jan when a attachment of earnings was issued on 12jan which I had right of reply for 14 days either. They said they don't know how it works but I def have to speak to bailliff and let him in

NO YOU DO NOT!! have to let him in!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they took your sofas would there be enough seating left for you all?

Do the sofas have the fire saftey tags on them?

If no to either of those questions then they cant take the sofas,

as the TV blew up that has no value and

second hand furniture unless craftsman built has a really low resale value at auctions

so it looks like the levy was wrongly done!

And no you dont have to let them in!

As good as CAB may be their advice can be at best questionable as it depends what training they have had. A lot of the time you will get better advice here than with your CAB.

Fact - there is no law that says you have to speak to or deal with a Bailiff

Who are you speaking to on the phone at the Council?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please do not take this reply in the wrong way but in some perverse way I am pleased to read your post. This is because your post is clear PROOF that the new training requirements for bailiffs under the new regulations which take effect on 6th April will have limited use. Furthermore, your post is proof that local authorities are quickly forgetting that the bailiff company is THEIR AGENTS and that the council are wholly responsible for the levy and fees charged by their agents.

The council cannot abdicate their responsibility.

Are we allowed to pst the CEO of Swindon Councils number os PM it to OP? About time this shower were shamed in public.

What about a well-crafted tweet to Swindon Council? Not necessarily from OP. Nothing like as serious as this, but noticed today that in 2 matters, once questions asked on Twitter and thus public, my local council extracted its previously well-hidden digit.....