lloyds bank OD/ lowells claim form - CCJ arrived***Claim Discontinued***

whipsey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

whipsey

is re an overdraft? i think andyorch has helped on some o/d defences? perhaps give andyorch a polite pm nudge request to look in asap as yr deadline seems to be tomorrow?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah right, this is an overdraft isnt it ? Hold tight, I will ask andyorch for the correct format for this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

it is likely andyorch wont see this until we are all in bed !! please dont panic, you will have something in time to submit by deadline tomorrow :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Afraid so whipsey they have 28 days to respond and if not the claim is stayed.If they do respond the claim will be allocated and transferred to your local County Court.

If you could post up your final draft defence that you submitted for reference if this does proceed.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

i pretty much copied the defence from yoiur link andy just changed the dates to suit

Defence

1. It is accepted that I have had financial dealings with LLoyds TSB in the past I am not aware or ever been informed of any legal assignment of this account number to the claimant.

2. It is not admitted with regards to the Defendant defaulting on payments and the Claimant is put to strict proof to evidence this breach.

3.It is denied with regards to the amount the Defendant owing monies to the Claimant.

4.On receipt of the claim form the Defendant sent a CPR 31.14 request dated 18/02/2014 for a copy of the Overdraft facility agreement, Notice served under Sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA 1974, notice of assignment and a statement of account showing how the amount claimed has been reached, which form the basis of this claim. This was signed for by the claimants solicitors on 20/02/2014. The claimant has yet to comply.

Therefore the claimant in their none compliance to my requests have frustrated my attempts to clarify their claim and against pre action protocol should be considered when the question of costs arise.

Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show Notice served under Sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA 1974

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5.As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6.On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

7.Until such time the Claimant can comply with my request for a copy of the Overdraft facility agreement/Notice served under Sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA 1974 it relies upon the Claimant is prevented from enforcing or requesting any relief pursuant to the CCA 1974

8.By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

• 2 weeks later...

bit of an update i have received two letters today from bryan carter totaling four pages first letter states that the claimant wishes to proceed with the claim, second sheet is a copy sent to the court stating they wish to continue the claim, third sheet is a without prejudice letter asking me to setle in full or by monthly installments, fourth sheet is a consent order

Consider the Consent Order...unless you feel you will be successful at trial ?

• 6 months later...

Well done whipsey...thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

One weight off your mind. Pleased to hear this.

BCOBS

Well done whipsey. I hope this experience will give you confidence with your other case. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.