Carter/lowells claim form HBOS loan - help

N-Hope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys, Any updates for me please, I don't want CCJ.

I have been speaking to friends and family if they could assist in getting some money, but my worried is that, at the back of the claim form regarding payment/settlement, if I decide to spread the payment I will still have CCJ registered but paid in full they didn't say what will happen.

Is there any way I can buy time?

If I decided to defend the case and ask them to provide me some document, I am sure that before they will respond it might take a while and that will afford me time to put some money together and if at the end they come back with the documents can i still pay in full without any CCJ registered?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please read Citizen Bs post 21 and do what has been suggested then you will get help. Have you sent the CCA request yet,

Edited by ims21

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

GRIGADIER2JCS Yes, I found the CCA link and template, I will do that now and wait for their response.

I was able to get the credit report today and the default was 2009 and lowell name was on the account , does that mean they bought the debt.

likely they might not have the agreement

Ok so 17th Jan + 5 for service = 22nd. You have 14 days from then to acknowledge so you must do this by 5th February and then you have a further 14 days to file a defence so that makes it 19th Feb for anyt defence to be filed.

Your acknowledgement can be done on-line using MCOL and by following the instructions in the claim pack which was sent you.

IMS21/All, thanks for telling me this, I was looking at 4th of feb.

I will send the CCA to them and wait for their response, if they don't response before 19th Feb. i will file a defense

N-Hope

I think if it were me I'd acknowledge and state that you will defend all, not sure whether you have a valid defence but this will buy you time to construct something if only a denial and putting it to proof. Bear in mind that you can change position and admit at any time if you decide that going to trial with this is not something that you'd be comfortable with.

If BC issued the claim it is very likely that it will offer to compromise the case by consent on agreed terms after receipt of your defence, whilst this may not be the outcome you want it would provide you with an option to avoid judgment at affordable terms if your case is weak.

Thanks Mike_hawk,

I will send the CA request but should I wait for their response (depend on time scale) before I will acknowledge and send my defence.

Also a valid defence will be based on the documents received/feed back from them right....

If my defence is weak, the only option I think I will have is to admit and settle the full payment....please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks Mike_hawk,

I will send the CA request but should I wait for their response (depend on time scale) before I will acknowledge and send my defence.

Also a valid defence will be based on the documents received/feed back from them right....

If my defence is weak, the only option I think I will have is to admit and settle the full payment....please correct me if I am wrong.

You can acknowledge now, don't wait on the other side to respond to your request for info

Looking back through your thread that would give you until 19th Feb to file your defence, I'd be inclined to see what its response is before making any conclusions, if it appears that you have no defence then we can look at what options [if any] are open to you to resolve without the headache of a judgment.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the advise.

I have sent off the CA request, also acknowledge the service but still waiting for responses...

Also do I need to send any letter to BC?

But the question is how to file my defence......

I will keep you posted, as soon as I get any response back.

thanks!!

You have a while yet to think about your defence.

Letter to BC....... you could certainly serve a part 31 request for any documents mentioned within it p.o.c. I can see that you've posted an extract from its particulars but it would be helpful to see it in entirety to identify which documents you should request. BC won't do much but reply with the usual bluster regarding small claims track exclusions etc but it never hurts to ask.

Thank you Mike_hawk for your prompt response.

Okay, i will scan and attach..

Letter to BC, if not really necessary, i would wait for the other party to respond.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49079[/ATTACH]

Hi Mike_hawk, as requested here is the p.o.c, hope i have not taken too much details out, if you need more pls do let me know.

many thanks!!

Looks fairly typical of BC's particulars, I'd send it a part 31 request for copy of the agreement and notice of assignment. Other than that there's not a lot more you can do at the mo, give it a few more days to reply to your CCA request [if any] and start looking at defences on here which could possibly be revised to suit your circumstances

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Amend to suit...you can only request the docs referred to with the particulars.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread