style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I have debt in Dutch bank of about 13000€, had it since 2006, once paid it all off and due to circumstances I had to take new loan and haven't been able to pay it off.

I left Netherlands 2010 and live in another EU country Ireland now.

My question is would Dutch bank chase me off with debt collectors here in Ireland if I do not pay anymore or is there a debt help company/charity in Netherlands that I could contact to help with debts there? Currently the monthly amount I am supposed to pay is too much for me financially so I have been late with every payment now and currently facing big bill that I am supposed to pay end of this month.

I am willing to repay it, but bank is not agreeing to lower payments or ease interest at all, they just keep on telling me that debt will be sold to collector if I do not pay...

This is a UK site. You are probably best to obtain some debt advice in Ireland. You need to know what enforcement action can be taken against you in Ireland and if this happens, how you would defend yourself. I am aware that debts can be enforced within the EU using a EU wide debt enforcement order, where a creditor can go to a local court where you are resident. What I don't know are Irelands court rules on dealing with these. Hence suggesting that you obtain advice in Ireland.

If you cannot afford to pay the debt, you can decide whether you make small affordable repayments and leave it to the Dutch bank to accept or reject. Or you decide that you cannot make any repayments and see what happens. If you make small repayments or none, they will sell the debt on to a debt collector anyway and they could take relevant enforcement action. If you get local debt advice, you will find out whether people in Ireland have had foreign debts enforced there and can decide what you want to do.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread