Lowells adding defaults

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, hope I'm posting in the correct place?

I need some help about an old debt with Barclays. I had just bee made redundant and explained this to Barclays at the time and asked the m not to put any more charges on my account as it was crippling me financially. They continued to add charges on to the tune of £530. Anyway I changed bank accounts and got myself sorted out again. I got a few letters demanding money from Barclays, but wrote back saying that I wasnt going to pay their unlawful charges and if they wanted their money they were going to have to take me to court. I heard nothing more untill....................................................

Several years later I had a letter from lowells demanding this money. I was getting several calls a day from them and despite blocking their calls they would use another number. Finally managed to get hold of them and gave them an ear bashing as I work nights and calls every 20 minutes in the day was continously waking me up. They have finally stopped calling thank god. However on checking my credit record today, which is 960, I have noticed that Lowells have added a default on this debt.

Barclays had defaulted it on 25/06/2008 but now Lowells have put on a default on the same debt for 03/12/13. I dothey dont really understand about defaults but had thought that they drop of your file after 6 years. But surely if Lowells keep adding defaults this will stay on my file forever.

Sorry for being long winded but can Lowells keep adding defaults?

Hi

I am sure others will respond as well as me.

Lowell cannot place a new default. They have to stick to the original 2008 date.

The problem is in you have to write to them to raise the issue then they will start the chasing again.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Please be aware that Lowell are getting pretty litigious lately, especially with property holders. This debt will be Statute Barred in 6 months (may be a little earlier if you haven't paid anything since the original default date.

If you contact them, it is a simple case of telling them that they have made an error as the default date is 2008 not 2013 and should they not change it forthwith, you will report them to the Information Commissioner, the OFT and the Financial Ombudsman.

Mark any letter, "I acknowledge no debt to you nor any company you claim to represent." and also mark this letter Formal Complaint.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Agree with Rebel here, the date they should have is the original date from the original default.

If Lowells have decided to play a ficticious date (Normally when they purchased the damn thing) Then thats incorrect and needs to be challenged.

Smarten up with them. Also i would say be careful.

Lowell tend to go legal IF a debt is nearing its SB date,

So the debt was 530 and lowells have almost doubled it? If thats right, they are unlikely ( doesnt mean they wont) to go near a court. Especially since they are adding ficticious and unlawful entries on your credit report.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi all, hope I'm posting in the correct place?

I need some help about an old debt with Barclays. I had just bee made redundant and explained this to Barclays at the time and asked the m not to put any more charges on my account as it was crippling me financially. They continued to add charges on to the tune of £530. Anyway I changed bank accounts and got myself sorted out again. I got a few letters demanding money from Barclays, but wrote back saying that I wasnt going to pay their unlawful charges and if they wanted their money they were going to have to take me to court. I heard nothing more untill....................................................

Several years later I had a letter from lowells demanding this money. I was getting several calls a day from them and despite blocking their calls they would use another number. Finally managed to get hold of them and gave them an ear bashing as I work nights and calls every 20 minutes in the day was continously waking me up. They have finally stopped calling thank god. However on checking my credit record today, which is 960, I have noticed that Lowells have added a default on this debt.

Barclays had defaulted it on 25/06/2008 but now Lowells have put on a default on the same debt for 03/12/13. I dothey dont really understand about defaults but had thought that they drop of your file after 6 years. But surely if Lowells keep adding defaults this will stay on my file forever.

Sorry for being long winded but can Lowells keep adding defaults?

Hi are two entries showing for this account? If so it is possible that the date you are seeing is just the date when Lowell updated the CRA files not a new default date.

If this is a totally new entry with an 'incorrect' default date you should write a Formal Complaint to:

Ms Sara de Tute

Director of Legal and Compliance

The Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Send by recorded delivery, don't us their 'reply' address with the PO BOX number as it will just get filed under ignore!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi, thanks everyone for taking the time to help me. I have doubled checked and Lowells have changed the date of it. The default date Barclays put on is actually a year later after I paid any money into this account. I did write at the time in 2007 to explain my situation to Barclays and asked them to stop keeping adding charges as it was putting me further into debt, but they refused. On their refusal I wrote to them to say that if they wanted their money they would have to take me to court and that I would not be contacting them again regarding this. A couple of months laterr I had a letter to say that they had closed my account. I heard nothing for years until Lowells suddenly contacted me out of the blue. I dont own my own property and I'm currently on maternity leave, so they can try all they want. Also how do they get your email and telephone numbers? I'm ex directory and never give out my home telephone to companies. I have at least stopped them calling every 20 minutes. After getting fed up of answering only to hear a message I called them and gave them a piece of my mind and demanded that they take my number of their system.

To answer some points for you.

1. Being ex directory means only that you name and number does not appear in BT telephone directory you number if used for any application/ notification to any business will be in the public domain (see 192.com and others).

2. Tracing is easy one can look up a name and address on the Electoral Roll, search various sites very easily on the internet and the data is available.

3. It is practically pointless contacting companies such as Lowell by phone, their so called customer services/relations departments are there to stop you reaching anyone with authority to deal with your request.

4. The name and address posted earlier will get results for you.

For clarification please is this a Credit card/unsecured loan/ current account/ with or without authorised overdraft facility?

When exactly was any payment made or unequivocal written acknowledgment made in regard to this account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: