Natwest, Capquest and CCS Collect

chiefmegawatty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received an email reply this morning from CCS Collect. See below.

The reply is their response to me asking them to prove I made a payment in March

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email. We have referred your comments back to our clients to obtain details of the payment as requested. We will be in contact once this information has been received.

Kind Regards,

Correspondence Department

CCS Collect

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So basicailly they are lying and are trying to shift the blame. The normal thing that will happen now is it will go completely quiet and theyll sell the debt on, or theyll try their luck and use borderline fraud tactics.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They are meant to yes, but a lot of the time they dont then claim it was an admin error when they are confronted. Lets see what happens next.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Received another letter from CCS Collect

stating that I made a payment of £5 on 14/01/2008 which is total rubbish.

They claim they obtained this information from their client Capquest.

However they have not provided any proof of any payment contrary to my previous email request to them.

They also claim that a further £5 was paid sometime after 23/05/2013 but they don't know exactly when.

Despite the fact my credit report showed a default date of 23/05/2007, they are now saying that the default date is 14/01/2008 !!

They state that therefore the account isn't statute barred and the balance is due and still payable.

I have a copy of my credit report from Feb 2013 that clearly shows a default entered by Capquest and the default date is 23/05/2007.

Maybe I should send them a copy as proof of the actual default date.

Edited by chiefmegawatty

Sent a reply to CCS Collect as copied below.

Thankyou for your letter dated 19/12/2013 claiming again that the account isn't statute barred.

You now claim that I made a payment towards this account on 14/01/2008 which is news to me.

You also claim that a payment was made after 23/05/2013 which is completely untrue.

You previously stated that I made a payment on 28/03/2013 which is also untrue as you well know.

I therefore require you to provide conclusive and complete proof that any such payments were made.

Please provide details of method of payment, the place of payment, amount, date, any serial numbers etc.

I have never made any payments towards this alledged debt despite your accusations to the contrary.

In the event you have proof that I made these payments then simply take me to court.

You haven't got any proof because I have never made any payments, so why don't you just admit that

you have bought a lemon rather than bombard me with false payment accusations?

Call their bluff and demand they PROVE the payment. Make sure they know that you are filing official complaints with the regulators.

You SHOULD make a formal complaint so that you can then escalate it to the fos and also email the OFT to add it to their file. However I see your point about letting them get on with it. It is all about what works for you if I am honest, fighting these barstewards can be very stressful but if you are up to it then go for it.

Personally I tend to fight one battle at a time as its all I can take.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Just remember, you arent the only person they are doing this too. Thats why a full complaint is a must.

Take care and enjoy yourself

Received an email reply from CCS Collect as copied below:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our response from our clients. We have referred your comments back to our clients, to request any further evidence that they can provide to us. The account will be held until we receive a response.

Kind Regards,

Correspondence Department

CCS Collect

I'd tell them to take a running jump.

so that didn't have any exact details

just tried it on

hohoho , little fleecers!!

COMPLAIN to the OFT etc etc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I just wish CCS Collect would admit that they bought a statute barred lemon with no payments ever made to the account. However, I suppose that would mean them admitting they are liars even though they have proved that they are liars from their letters and emails. I suppose the real root of this problem is the Limitations Act implying that it's legally OK to chase statute barred debts. Perhaps the act should be amended to stop this from happening.

Edited by chiefmegawatty

well it is

they can ask.

in Scotland after 5yrs its total extinguished.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think that providing fake payment dates and disputing the real default date should be illegal. The law seems to be supporting obtaining money by deception and intimidation. On second thoughts, the Government do this sort of thing all the time so I assume it's OK.

It isnt illegal, but it is unlawful. It is borderline illegal though, possibly attempting to obtain money through deception, but the regulators and government seem to fall for the old trick that it was a simple 'admin error'.