Update on Post Work Programme Support

Gay_guy1986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just got back from my first appointment for (Post Work Programme Support) and it wasn't so bad as I thought.

My advisor was very nice towards me as I knew him 3 years ago before I started the work programme, anyway he just told me what to expect now that I have completed Work Programme like for example: going on courses to help get into employment, visit the Jobcentre more often, update cvs and mock interviews ete.

Also he tried logging into my Universal Jobmatch but he couldn't as I haven't give him access anyway this is the best part, he said I don't have to give him access if I don't want to as that is up to me and he said he will not force me as he said I can just fill in them Job dairy as normal and he wasn't very angry when he couldn't access my account.

He said I need to start doing more now and he also said I need to treat this as a full time Job and he said I need to contact other organisations, does anyone know what he meant by that? does he mean Job agencies? if yes then I am already registered with them.

My next appointment is on 03.12.2013 at 12.00pm.

Told you it mightn't be so bad! :) Looks like you've got a fairly decent advisor, which is half the battle. You don't mention whether he negotiated a new Job Seekers Agreement with you - though he might do it next time. Mine actually didn't involve doing anything extra as I was already doing more than required anyway.

Just apply for a few more jobs each week and register with a few more agancies - doesn't matter how many you're already with, there's always more - making sure you give him plenty of written evidence in your Job log. Always do more than is asked for (but not loads more!).

Nice of him to say 'I will not force you to give me access to your UJ' ! Next time he does this ask him exactly how he can, then report him for intimidation.

Always start as you mean to go on, be polite but also be firm then you're less of a possible sanction target. Remember, your advisor may change in the future so you want to be known as someone who knows the rules and won't be pushed about. Good luck with your next meeting!

Told you it mightn't be so bad! :) Looks like you've got a fairly decent advisor, which is half the battle. You don't mention whether he negotiated a new Job Seekers Agreement with you - though he might do it next time. Mine actually didn't involve doing anything extra as I was already doing more than required anyway.

Just apply for a few more jobs each week and register with a few more agancies - doesn't matter how many you're already with, there's always more - making sure you give him plenty of written evidence in your Job log. Always do more than is asked for (but not loads more!).

Nice of him to say 'I will not force you to give me access to your UJ' ! Next time he does this ask him exactly how he can, then report him for intimidation.

Always start as you mean to go on, be polite but also be firm then you're less of a possible sanction target. Remember, your advisor may change in the future so you want to be known as someone who knows the rules and won't be pushed about. Good luck with your next meeting!

Thanks jasta.

Yes he didn't do a new Job seekers agreement as he was running out of time but he said, he will do this next week. and I always fill in my Job dairy full of Jobs applied lol.

What did he mean by other organisations?