Hastings Direct wont return my car :(

maxlezious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an accident of my Honda civic and Hastings told me that a salvage company called CoParts will take my car and keep it in the storage until it gets assessed by Hastings Direct engineer who will estimate the damage on the car. I received a call last week from Hastings informing me that the car will be written off as Cat C and they will not be repairing it. I have a sentimental value towards my car and I know it can be fixed at very less cost (also confirmed by local garage) Plus it has only done 60k so it has a lot more life left as I have kept it well maintained and serviced regularly. Hastings direct has told me they don't do buy back so car will go to the salvage company and i will have to bid on my car to buy it back (which can be very expensive). Or I can cancel the claim and get the car repaired from my own pocket! I really want my car back and repaired because that's what I paid my insurance company for :( I feel cheated and if I knew my insurance company would do this to me I would have never insured my car with Hastings Direct. I am stuck in the middle and cant make a decision. Has anyone else come across similar situation? Any advice regarding this matter will be highly appreciated...

I had an accident of my Honda civic and Hastings told me that a salvage company called CoParts will take my car and keep it in the storage until it gets assessed by Hastings Direct engineer who will estimate the damage on the car. I received a call last week from Hastings informing me that the car will be written off as Cat C and they will not be repairing it. I have a sentimental value towards my car and I know it can be fixed at very less cost (also confirmed by local garage) Plus it has only done 60k so it has a lot more life left as I have kept it well maintained and serviced regularly. Hastings direct has told me they don't do buy back so car will go to the salvage company and i will have to bid on my car to buy it back (which can be very expensive). Or I can cancel the claim and get the car repaired from my own pocket! I really want my car back and repaired because that's what I paid my insurance company for :( I feel cheated and if I knew my insurance company would do this to me I would have never insured my car with Hastings Direct. I am stuck in the middle and cant make a decision. Has anyone else come across similar situation? Any advice regarding this matter will be highly appreciated...

Why don't you get your own estimates for repair and get Hastings to pay for the repair. Presumably these estimates will be less than the market value for the write off. If you can prove that the repair would be more economic than the write-off, then this would be the better option for all parties.

That is what I would do in this situation, as the options presented to you by Hastings would not be acceptable to me either.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi maxlezious, Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience. We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the options presented to you in order to claim, if you would be kind enough to get in contact with us directly and supply the policy details we will be happy to liaise with the claims team on your behalf so that this matter can be resolved. Please email [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie

Thank you for your reply. The car has been taken away from me and kept in a storage in Wolverhampton with CoPart salvage company. I have shown the pictures I took after the accident to a local garage and they told me that they can not give me an exact estimate unless they see the car. I rang Hasting Direct to return the car and they said its my responsibility to have it recovered and I will have to pay copart to deliver it back to me. Also to let you know when the accident happened I told Hasting direct that i am not happy to send my car to a salvage company and to send an assessor to my home address to look at the car but they didnt agree to it so i had no choice but to let them take my car.

Hi maxlezious, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will follow this up straight away for you, I did respond to your email on the 25th to let you know that I would engage the claims team to contact you, I hope that you received my email and I do apologize for the delay. Many Thanks, Jamie

Hello there.

Did Jamie give you an idea when someone might get back to you when he emailed please?

HB

Not really, Jamie said someone from the claims department will get back to me. I am still waiting and will update you if someone contacts me.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Not really, Jamie said someone from the claims department will get back to me. I am still waiting and will update you if someone contacts me.

Hello, What was the outcome of this case at the end?