dontpay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Demands for money for a parking charge entitled "occupant(s) left the site" have been sent to my previous address since the event in March 2013.

I have only just received them. Therefore how could I appeal?

A fellow victim at the time, who said he was a council car park attendant, shouted to everyone present that they were illegal tickets and they would never take you to court.

Which is why I threw it away and (thought ) that was the end of it!

The latest missive dated 7 November is form Zenith collections, notice to commence legal proceedings. I'm really worried as I don't have £100.

There is no charge for parking at this site ( contains B £ Q, Pets at Home, Halfords and Carpet Right). And the stay is limited to 2 hours. Then it mentions leaving the site.

Fact is new KFC opened that weekend and I was caught up in it. The attendant (not in a liveried vehicle) was having a field day,!

Is the protection of freedoms act 2012 anything to do with them telling where I can and cannot go??

AFAIK, a random dca acting on behalf of a creditor CANNOT take you to court. Only the original 'creditor' can. Since its a private parking area, they dont have any basis for a valid claim anyway, but you still need to follow certain procedures, to make sure they dont trick you into paying. Get a popla code, use the right defence, and they havent got a chance in hell of doing anything.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Which company issued the invoice.

AS Parking. I think are part of Athens security services. Followed by debt recovery plus ltd. x 2. Then Zenith collections. Land owned by John Lewis I' m told.

AFAIK, a random dca acting on behalf of a creditor CANNOT take you to court. Only the original 'creditor' can. Since its a private parking area, they dont have any basis for a valid claim anyway, but you still need to follow certain procedures, to make sure they dont trick you into paying. Get a popla code, use the right defence, and they havent got a chance in hell of doing anything.

Unfortunately I cannot appeal to POPLA unless I have appealed to the original issuer and they have rejected it. They would then give me a reference to use at POPLA.

Since my 28 day window is long past it's no longer an option.

Unfortunately I cannot appeal to POPLA unless I have appealed to the original issuer and they have rejected it. They would then give me a reference to use at POPLA.

Since my 28 day window is long past it's no longer an option.

Also, I don't really know what my defence could be. Only that £100 is punitive as there is ZERO loss as free parking. However I did disregard one other stipulation of the "contract".

Since this happened so long ago are you sure you have no other letters off them. They would have to pursue the driver first, then as they obviously have no idea who the driver is, they have to issue a Notice to Keeper and try and get the payment from them.

This has to be done within a strict timeline for them to make a claim against the keeper using the PoFA.

If they haven't followed the guidelines it will certainly be another reason for rejection.

There may have been but like I said they have been going to the wrong address.

Pyramid debt selling. It's been sold on twice.

The amounts they are asking for have ranged from £60 to £149.99. (have you ever heard anything so ridiculous) £149.99!!

Alleged breach of contract 16 March

Latest letter dated 7 November.

First demand dated 26 June, stated at end....this letter may form part of our case against the keeper/driver.

Its not sold on I bet the first was DRP+ then Zenith, that's desk No1 and desk No 2 in the same office. They in their own right can do nothing but ask for payment. If they dont receive payment all they can do is send it back to AS or to a solicitor acting for AS to issue a claim.

You will as a last gasp offer be asked for £49.99 to settle.

Since POFA AS have never taken anyone to court!

Thank you esmerobbo, we will see what happens.

Incidentally, went to site today to take photos of the sign as you drive in (it WAS on a pole high up) it is now more or less at eye level, but sign is dark blue with some yellow and some white writing, some quite small. Charge is £90 on one notice and £100 on another.

The debt collection agencies get paid about £15 for sending out the letters so they always pile on a load of money to the bill to actually make a bit for themselves otherwise they would be out of business (shame!). Thery have no powers to do anything in their own name so they word their letters in such a way that you get scared into paying up.

Ignore them.

If you get further letters from the parking company come back here and give us a run down of what your have received and when.

The debt collection agencies get paid about £15 for sending out the letters so they always pile on a load of money to the bill to actually make a bit for themselves otherwise they would be out of business (shame!). Thery have no powers to do anything in their own name so they word their letters in such a way that you get scared into paying up.

Ignore them.

If you get further letters from the parking company come back here and give us a run down of what your have received and when.

Aha

I think I've cracked it!

Trawled thro pofa2012........ They did not send the first demand until 26 June, so that is well past 56 days since the ticket ( 16 March). Should I now reply to Zenith collections advising this fact? Non compliance with pofa 2012 by the the parking company. Do I need to specify where they've gone wrong?

If I do I will do it by email because I do not want them to know my actual address, due to personal safety concerns ,