Curry's/Knowhow won't accept responsibility for damage they caused.

pretec76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

New member and first post from me. Unfortunately, I have a problem and I'm astounded at what I've just been told by Knowhow.

Me and my Wife have just recently got married and moved into a brand new House. Family and Friends were very generous with their wedding gifts. So we decided to kit our new House out with new things. Two of these things were a brand new washing machine and Fridge Freezer. We also paid an additional £20.00 for them to install our washing machine.

The washing machine and fridge Freezer arrived on time, great stuff.

Now the problems began.

Firstly, they installed the washing machine in the wrong place.

I went into the kitchen and told the chap that's where the Dish washer goes.

He argued I was wrong, but relented when I showed him the correct tap fittings. I went off again as I was busy on the phone to BT.

Once I'd finished, I went back into the kitchen to be confronted by the delivery driver/ installer apologising to me for ripping the Lino on the floor.

By trying to put the machine in the correct place, the Lino had obviously caught the machine resulting in the Lino folding and ripping.

The chap had obviously tried to force the machine instead of using lube!

They gave me a number and said compensation would be arranged.

I was angry, but these things happen right?

After they'd left, I went to do the washing up and was horrified when I pulled the plug out and all the water came spilling out directly under the sink.

When they'd first fitted the washer machine Into the incorrect position,

their installer had failed to plumb the fittings back.

To top it off, for some reason the black rubber washer which was needed was no where be seen.

They'd also fitted the washing machine incorrectly.

It was now in its correct position, but they'd plumbed it to the hot water tap.

me and my Wife made calls and their response to our complaints were simply not Good enough.

They were saying they could get a plumber out in 48 hours.

I decided to go B&Q and buy the components and fix the botched plumbing myself.

I also installed the washing machine myself.

I couldn't be waiting 48 hours.

we're just left with the damage to the Lino. It's ruined. It has to be replaced.

The damage was caused on the 10-October-2013.

We've just been notified by knowhow that they're not taking responsibility for the damage.

This is absolutely absurd. I will not let this lie. They caused the damage. At every step they've been disgraceful.

The installation was appalling, even comical.

Their customer service had been diabolical.

They've ignored us and been dam right Rude to me and my partner.

To top it off, they're saying they're not going to give us compensation for the damaged floor.

Not even a apology for the sheer incompetence they've displayed at every step.

Is there any action I can take?

Thanks for taking your time it read my Rant!

CEO Email complaint time me thinks

how poor is this service going to get....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

CEO ([email protected] o.uk) [no spaces]

. You can also try posting on this site as the social media team do tend to be around - https://getsatisfaction.com/curryspcworld

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have often wondered what would happen if you were in a shop like currys and fell and knocked over one off there display tvs what would happen.

would they expect you to pay for it or would they have insurance for accidents like that.

• 5 months later...
Hi there.

New member and first post from me. Unfortunately, I have a problem and I'm astounded at what I've just been told by Knowhow.

Me and my Wife have just recently got married and moved into a brand new House. Family and Friends were very generous with their wedding gifts. So we decided to kit our new House out with new things. Two of these things were a brand new washing machine and Fridge Freezer. We also paid an additional £20.00 for them to install our washing machine.

The washing machine and fridge Freezer arrived on time, great stuff.

Now the problems began.

Firstly, they installed the washing machine in the wrong place.

I went into the kitchen and told the chap that's where the Dish washer goes.

He argued I was wrong, but relented when I showed him the correct tap fittings. I went off again as I was busy on the phone to BT.

Once I'd finished, I went back into the kitchen to be confronted by the delivery driver/ installer apologising to me for ripping the Lino on the floor.

By trying to put the machine in the correct place, the Lino had obviously caught the machine resulting in the Lino folding and ripping.

The chap had obviously tried to force the machine instead of using lube!

They gave me a number and said compensation would be arranged.

I was angry, but these things happen right?

After they'd left, I went to do the washing up and was horrified when I pulled the plug out and all the water came spilling out directly under the sink.

When they'd first fitted the washer machine Into the incorrect position,

their installer had failed to plumb the fittings back.

To top it off, for some reason the black rubber washer which was needed was no where be seen.

They'd also fitted the washing machine incorrectly.

It was now in its correct position, but they'd plumbed it to the hot water tap.

me and my Wife made calls and their response to our complaints were simply not Good enough.

They were saying they could get a plumber out in 48 hours.

I decided to go B&Q and buy the components and fix the botched plumbing myself.

I also installed the washing machine myself.

I couldn't be waiting 48 hours.

we're just left with the damage to the Lino. It's ruined. It has to be replaced.

We've just been notified by knowhow that they're not taking responsibility for the damage.

This is absolutely absurd. I will not let this lie. They caused the damage. At every step they've been disgraceful.

The installation was appalling, even comical.

Their customer service had been diabolical.

They've ignored us and been dam right Rude to me and my partner.

To top it off, they're saying they're not going to give us compensation for the damaged floor.

Not even a apology for the sheer incompetence they've displayed at every step.

Thanks for taking your time it read my Rant!

Hi

I have had pretty much exactly the same problem with this issue. Washing machine installed and after putting on a cycle it flooded my flat ruining the floor and neighbors walls. Again it was because the waste pipe had not been reconnected properly. I have been in contact with Knowhow for a while as this was done in January and they too have denied liability which is clearly ridiculous.

Long story short I am still pursuing but I did copy in Sebastian James on some of my emails and they have got back to me again.

Has this been resolved for you? What action have you taken?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Sue them. They will ignore you otherwise. Moaning customers don't matter until the official court papers are served - then they'll suddenly pay attention. Look for a Letter Before Action template, and do it.