An olive branch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One of the ever recurring problem with dealing with private parking tickets is the lack of volunteers who have the time, energy and knowledge to get stuck in and assist new posters.

Another problem is where keen and enthusiastic posters give advice that is, lets say, perhaps 75% correct. Often that well intentioned but inaccurate advice does more harm than good.

Those who know me will also know that I have been a regular poster on Pepipoo for over 8 years.

There are however two reasons why I've surfaced on these NMAG PPC forums recently.

Firstly, it is in my own personal interests that these PPC forums (in particular) are giving out the most up to date and consistent advice on how to deal with private parking tickets

Secondly, people giving poor advice generally on here are writing cheques that the consumer volunteers on Pepipoo and MSE then have to cash. I have lost count of the number of posters who turn up on Pepipoo with either a LBA or stamped court papers having followed 'internet advice' not to respond to the PPC.

Moving on, there are about three or four posters on here who are clearly dedicated campaigners and who have both the time and energy to invest on advising people who have received private parking tickets.

All that I am asking is that you open your minds, recognise that the game has changed and get up to speed by acquiring the same level of knowledge and advice as those who post on Pepipoo and MSE.

We need you and people like you to work with us rather than against us.

Please don't misinterpret this as some sort of subtle put down because it isn't - I'm simply asking for your help that's all.

If we work together instead of simply seeing every post as an opportunity to 'snipe' then we can make this happen.

Is that fair enough?

Can I suggest that recognised expert members in a particular subject have a star or other icon added to their name so us, non experts, can identify the good and the not so good advice.

There are many knowledgeable people who post on here and other sites, but I doubt many would be willing to be deemed an expert. They may well be an expert but sitting behind the anonymity of a computer could cause all sorts of problems. You can offer advice and point people in what you believe is the way to go, but it needs to be made clear that it is their own decision, and all advice should be taken with caution.

I agree with Nev Mets post we need to stop sniping after all I think most of us are of the same thinking, even if we have a different approach to dealing with PPC's

There are a few experts on here and other sites but to get their professional advice you would need to contact them through the correct channels. Research is your best friend!

Excellent suggestion Nev Met.

Private parking enforcement is frankly diabolical and the government must surely be embarrassed at ever allowing "keeper liability" in October 2012. How they could possibly believe that "rouge clampers" could clean up their act is beyond me. Within one year both DVLA and the BPA do not have a CLUE whether the operators who DVLA are selling personal data to are attempting to charge keepers for "damage" to the land or for "breach of contract".

If this is not bad enough, in the past few weeks I have probably received at least 10 enquiries about yet another parking "phenomenon" where there are some parking enforcement operators that DVLA are selling keeper data to who are charging haulage companies amount up to £300 and relying upon an "ancient (1700) remedy of "distress, damage, feasant". How the hell they have been allowed to purchase "keeper details" using this "remedy" is beyond me ( I will start a new thread on this subject in a few days) !!

As this point alone will confirm, everyone on this forum has "expertise" in different areas and it is so important that we can all post on here without being "rubbished".

On a personal basis I have been posting on this site since shortly after its inception. I have my own business which I do NOT advertise about on this site and in the limited spare time that I may have during the day and weekends I will visit the forums for one reason and one reason only......to provide help and assistance to those needing it. That is all that is important.

Lastly; personal opinions should be just that. Nobody should try to impose their personal opinions on others.

• Confused 1

I agree.

We all want the same thing at the end of the day.

All I ask is that no one advices any one to go down the court route when there are many ways to avoid this( popla/landowner/shop etc).

We should do all we can to get tickets cancelled with the least possible risk to any user no matter which forum

I agree.

We all want the same thing at the end of the day.

All I ask is that no one advices any one to go down the court route when there are many ways to avoid this( popla/landowner/shop etc).

We should do all we can to get tickets cancelled with the least possible risk to any user no matter which forum

Yes that's the easiest way to nip things in the bud as soon as possible however we do need to prepare people for the fact that some of these rogue companies just by pass pofa and threaten court, and this is where most cave in and pay up. As long as sufficient legal argument is presented, that will be enough....People need to be aware that the small claims track is very informal and totally different to any other court.

Yes that's the easiest way to nip things in the bud as soon as possible however we do need to prepare people for the fact that some of these rogue companies just by pass pofa and threaten court, and this is where most cave in and pay up. As long as sufficient legal argument is presented, that will be enough....People need to be aware that the small claims track is very informal and totally different to any other court.

...and can be something of a lottery - even with "sufficient legal argument".

I would not call it a lottery as that implies that the chances of winning are one in X amount....

I prefer to say that winning is never guaranteed, however if you can argue points of law to the judge , unpick the other sides bundle and put up a good defence, the probability is you will win......

I would not call it a lottery as that implies that the chances of winning are one in X amount....

I prefer to say that winning is never guaranteed, however if you can argue points of law to the judge , unpick the other sides bundle and put up a good defence, the probability is you will win......

it,s always gonna be 50/50 but at least a good argument/defence tips the balance in your favour.