Thoughts in your day

had a thought. then thought that that thought maybe thought to be unthoughtful. so thought that that thought shldn't be posted, with thought generally. :)

In my area postal votes are sent out they state, at least a week before the election. Even if the speed of post can be trusted, by the time you get it there's little time left for the vote to be received for registering. I wonder how many postal votes were actually received when they should have.

Glad you had a thought about the thought Ford :-D You know what thought thought:madgrin:

:)

cheers termi. its the thought that counts.

wondering why there are some people who are getting over 22k a year on benefits! Just watching On Benefits.

Am lucky if get 16/17k a year and do not smoke etc how do they get away with it!

Most are laughing and say they just lie and blag :/

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Am lucky if get 16/17k a year ...

that's not bad. shld be thankful.

lots of people that dont even get that much and they're working!

maybe they shld go on the benefits...

we do work, £7.50 a hour, just said that figure as not really sure but we do not claim anything

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

we do work, £7.50 a hour, just said that figure as not really sure but we do not claim anything

ok, soz :)

thought you were saying 17k on the benefits...

but yes, 20 odd on the benefits is not on. more than what an oap for eg gets on the pension having worked all life, even with a private one.

How can anyone live on that kind of income in this day and age? I was helping a friend with his annual review of his Debt Management plan recently and the operator at the DM company said that the creditors were unlikely to accept that his food costs would be acceptable at £10 a day. This is a Midlands based chap in his 70's who lives alone but has 5 grandchildren he sees.

£10 a day? Too much? What planet are they living on these finance people? Unless they all expect these people to spend their lives in Mc D's !!

snowdragon, you're a Saint if you have to survive on that!

a good q

is someone better off with a state + benefit pension

compared to a private + state pension (no benefits)

i know it c/be circs specific, but generally.

that is because they all are. They minted them and then issued them this year, the only ones sent out prior to this are trial pieces, sent to companies that make vending machines, banks etc so they can play with them. When we went decimal in 1971 the coins were struck in 1969/70 and dated 1971 so all of the presentation packs were sold before the 15th feb when the decimal conversion occurred. 5p's and 10p's were minted for 1968 and 1969 but not 1970 that had a samll run of the old LSD presentation sets. RM struck 350 million old pennies in 1967 when they knew they would be out of use 3 years later.

current value of a £1 coin? £1. the expensive so called mint errors are mostly fakes and anyway coin collecotrs dont pay more for a misstrike than a standard coin of similar condition. I have a 1747 shilling that has 2 heads ( known as brockage- another coin got stuck in the dies so left a cameo impression of the heads instead of a tails) and it is worth less than thestandard coin in F condition

New £1 coins, every one I've seen has been dated 2016 :)

the answer is or shopuld be with a private pension plus state pension but as with everything it is not that simple. The benefits are means tested so if you live in rented accomodation you get your rent paid, even if that amount is greater than you could otherwise ever afford. This however places an upper limit on what your pension could be as people like me who owne their own houses cannot get these benefits but cant claim allowances for things that we ahve to pay that people on benefits have included in their allowances such as insurance, maintenance costs, boiler eplacements and so on. If I didnt have insurance and my house burnt down would I be rehoused? If someone who rented's house burnt down they would so is it an inequitable situation. that si why according to my income I am in the poorest 3% of the population, below most people on benefits who are classed as in poverty or vulnerable. The only group of people who are worst off than me are other pensioners

Still, good news, they are saying on the radio that statins can help cure MS so I will have to go and ask my rheumatologist and neurologist. I was a guinea pig on trials for chemo drugs to kill of the immune system and rebuild it. This has been announced as a sussess, even if a bit slow and very expensive. they failed to mention that 2 of the original 13 guinea pigs died and the majority of the rest saw a ahlting to our decline rather than a reversal.

So that is my thought for the day, avoid statins for false hopes on the heart attack front but try them for my brain rot and if they also help with cholesterol then that is a bonus.

a good q

is someone better off with a state + benefit pension

compared to a private + state pension (no benefits)

i know it c/be circs specific, but generally.

• 4 weeks later...

wishing was still in Cornwall, had a lovely holiday. That place is Heaven on earth :)

wishing was still in Cornwall, had a lovely holiday. That place is Heaven on earth :)

Do Cornish Dragons like Cornish Ice Cream?

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Do Cornish Dragons like Cornish Ice Cream?

Dont know the answer to your question, Toby.. but I like Cornish Ice Cream :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

How can anyone live on that kind of income in this day and age? I was helping a friend with his annual review of his debt management planicon recently and the operator at the DM company said that the creditors were unlikely to accept that his food costs would be acceptable at £10 a day. This is a Midlands based chap in his 70's who lives alone but has 5 grandchildren he sees.

£10 a day? Too much? What planet are they living on these finance people? Unless they all expect these people to spend their lives in Mc D's !!

snowdragon, you're a Saint if you have to survive on that!

I am surprised they didn't tell your friend to go visit a food bank, andrew !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am a Native American Dragon even though I love Cornwall lol and yes I like ice cream

I am a Native American Dragon even though I love Cornwall lol and yes I like ice cream

I was thinking Iced - cream would be the preferred stable diet of Snow - Dragons :-)

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

I may appear cold but can assure you I am too soft for my own good! lol Do not a lot of ice cream as I suffer from Migraines

It is said 'Enough is enough'

I say, Once is too much.

Ice cream?

Dont be silly

10 is just about enough (for now)

The Tory Legacy

should I eat before yoga class or after? after might be too late :(

Before might be tooo early

Warning puerile humor

and on a more serious note:

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/yoga-help

The Tory Legacy

Before might be tooo early

:lol: some people are so agressive about it.

after all I ate before and everythink was all right. I was more worried about downward dog, 'cause sometimes I can feel my meals going perilously close to my throat...