CP Plus & a hire car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Just reading up on how to deal with CP Plus and found some great advice - thanks to previous posts. However, my vehicle was a hire car, and Europcar have paid the £90.00 and invoiced me! (Odd though - the Credit Card Number they have charged isn't mine...). Europcar have raised something called a Traffic Violation Invoice - but I haven't made a traffic violation. I have asked them for a copy of their t's and c's which I signed.

I genuinely didn't see the notices and overstayed the 2 hours by 40 or so minutes (while drinking coffee and eating lunch in the lousy Exeter MOTO service station. I revisited that site again today and there are signs as you drive in to the car park, but you cannot stop and read them without holding up other cars - it's madness! Once in the car park other signs were obscured by trees and / or unreadable. Certainly there were not signs on the approach (on foot) to the entrance to the services; and nothing inside the services building to warn / remind drivers about the 2 hour limit.

Anyway - I think my immediate problem will be Europcar once they have found the correct credit card details; so any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

So, on the one hand,

Check the T&C's to see if it specifically mentions parking charge notices, as opposed to penalty charge notices. If there is no mention then you should not be liable, we had this problem some time back with a charge notice issued to a hire car we had. The PPC refused to acknowledge our appeal but kept pestering the hire company who had responded to the PPC with our details. We complained to the BPA, their response was "The operator has advised us that they are unable to transfer liability of a parking charge notice without seeing a copy of the hire agreement where the driver agrees to accept liability for any parking charges. The operator cannot transfer liability if the agreement only shows parking fines, offences. This is because XXXXXX do not issue fines, only parking charges".It turns out our hire T&Cs did not mention parking charge notices so the PPC could not chase us for the charge and the hire company could not charge us either, not even the admin charge.