Contract sims

gpmsc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had any dealings or tell me anything about a mobile phone company called Shebang I need a contract sim for a gsm alarm the problem is as it is not used a lot although there is credit on it gets terminated and this company supplies a contract sim qiute cheaply compaired with other providers like vodafone,orange but they have the phone on hold for ages and have not replied to emails except for a auto reply email

Gerry

Hello Honeybee13

I did google Shebang and the have changed company names several times and have had a lot of adverse publicity regarding Trading standards upholding a complaint and financial issues with HMRC but they seem to be two companies under the same hat, I do not know if the the one that is not in liquidation are reliable, it is unclear they provide a contract sim for about £2.50 but there was talk of a £50 deposit nor does it say how you pay the monthly rolling contract, it seems you have to sign up to get this information.

I get a couple of text alerts a week one is a flood alert and the second tells me the pumps have started, I want to try to get away from PAYG onto a contract so I do not have the worry of the disconnection and Shebang gives 30 minutes of call and 50 texts plus a data allowance which is more than I need and most service providers give you three times as much for three tines the price.

I do not know if I am afforded the same protection on a direct debit if over payment is taken as I am with a credit card I can only find one CAG user who has posted and they seem to have the same trouble as I do in making contact

Regards

Gerry

If your concerned by them talktalk now offer a sim contract for £3.50 with some call/text/data allowance.

Google talk talk mobile

Hi CraigMcK

That seems the best option. I know Talk Talk did not get a very good rating on tv, but at least they have a high street presence and are not virtual as shebang appears to be. it is a concern jist how many impressive web ads are about offering wonderful things all x stock and next day delivery and when you get to the nub of it they are someone in a shed in the back garden when they have your money they and order your goods and forwarding them on to you . found this on a major auction site, said English seller and a tatty box arrived from China.

Gerry