Credit report - old cap1 default help.

allergor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some guidance regarding an old default on my credit file. I got my credit report and saw this, its from an old capitol one card that was left to default due to redundancy. The balance was originally about £250, not £1,013! Also no one from Hillesden has contacted me over this.

HILLESDEN SECURITIES LIMITED

Account Type: Credit card / Store card

Started: 24/05/2005

Current Balance: £1,013

Default Date: 16/01/2009

Default Balance: £1,013

Last updated: 04/12/2011

Should I contact them and make an offer or try and get the default removed? What is my best course of action? How best should I deal with this?

Any help would be much appreciated.!

-Al

Edited by allergor

I suspect that the interest rate has been increased and many charges added to bring the total to over £1k.

You won't get the default removed. It will stay on your record for 6 years.

If you want to pay it, I would suggest that you contact Cap1 for copies of all statements of account to work out exactly what you owe. Send an SAR to Cap1 to get hold of all data. If you click on SAR there is a template letter, which you can amend to ask for all documents you want to see.

Then based on the information you find out, you could make a full& final offer to Hillesden. If you go to the CAG library, there is a full & final settlement offer letter. The default will be noted as partial or fully satisfied. You should try to get them to agree to mark the debt as fully satisfied, as having a partially satisfied debt is almost as bad as not paying anything at all towards the default.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the info chap,

They say the default date was 16/01/2009 with a balance of £1,013 - when it was actually 10/2006 with a balance of £250.

Could this debt already be statute barred under the limitation act 1980?

Should I call them up and challenge this?

Edited by allergor

Thanks for the info chap,

They say the default date was 16/01/2009 with a balance of £1,013 - when it was actually 10/2006 with a balance of £250.

Could this debt already be statute barred under the limitation act 1980?

Should I call them up and challenge this?

If the default date is wrong, you can challenge this via the credit reference agencies. They can get Hillesden to remove the default, if it should have come off some time ago.

If the default was in 2006, then it is SB'd,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ok spoke with them, they were very good on the phone. I explained that I think the default date is wrong and was actually in 2005-2006.

They are requesting documents from Capital One and I'll know within a couple of weeks.!

Thanks chap.