Lloyds/SCM Claimform - old Loan **sorted out by way of consent order **

marylikes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is my understanding that even if mediation is ongoing, then the court will still continue to process their diary.. JIC mediation fails.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my understanding that even if mediation is ongoing, then the court will still continue to process their diary.. JIC mediation fails.

Hi citizenB, yes that my understanding too. The case will still rumble on and we have plenty of time to negotiate a settlement whilst its in progress.

They would have just reduced the balance from the claim outstanding! You still need to pay the rest?

So if you haven't made any offers they have taken it to court

The counterclaim has been agreed so there won't be any mention of it

Are you sure that you are getting letter from first credit for the same debt?

It may be another one? Check the numbers

If you want to go for mediation you need to let the court know otherwise start getting prepared for court in March

Hi Angel, it has now dawned on me exactly what they have done. Its quite disingenuous to tell me the counterclaim has been agreed, tell me they have refunded x amount of charges to bring the matter to a close then infact sell the account on. Thus leaving the matter very much open.

What i need to find out now is how to convey to the court that the counterclaim has not been settled.

They have untill 17th December to provide a breakdown of how they have arrived at the amount claimed for. Anyone know what happens if they fail to meet this deadline?

Guest Angel235

They can't sell the account half way through court proceedings

I think you have mis understood, they have agreed the counterclaim but will still continue with the balance outstanding

If they miss the deadline the court will just send an unless order for a further 7 days

And by the way they have proberly know who you are now!

I'm past caring about that now. They'll have known who i am from the first page. My DSAR which i recieved 2nd December never mentioned or showed any sale of account. Its strange , all of it i mean?

I think someone needs their head wiggling in their office, you agree Angel? :-)

Guest Angel235

It is very strange!!

I just thought it may have been two different accounts

Do

You think they may have mad a boo boo then?

It is very strange!!

I just thought it may have been two different accounts

Do

You think they may have mad a boo boo then?

I'm not sure whats happening to be honest, but my gut feeling is that something isn't right. I think my main concern is conveying to the court that the counterclaim although "agreed" by the claimant has not been settled and has infact been made worse for them. I just need to find out what i have to do next regards informing the court.

Angel235 said:
Why is it worse for them?

My counterclaim was for breach of BCOBS 5.1.1

1A firm must provide a service in relation to a retail banking service which is prompt, efficient and fair to a banking customer and which has regard to any communications or financial promotion made by the firm to the banking customer from time to time

in so far as it took them almost a year to look into and still not sort out my current account. During which time they whittled the balance down from over 1K to what it is now and passed me through allsorts of DCA 's whilst it was in query. The account balance had still not been resolved.

From where i'm sitting it looks like they're continuing this breach, because things are getting more confusing and more complicated instead of being sorted out.

I might try their tactic, i'll write to the court and tell them the claim is agreed and send them a cheque for £50 to settle it . :smile:

Is there anyone who could advise me what steps i need to take to make my counterclaim "live" in so far as i don't think its been settled?

Guest Angel235

It doesn't seem to be that the site team are helping??

How do you call them?

Do we need a light in the sky like batman lol

I've often thought emailing these questions to SCM direct might be more useful, but alas they don't communicate by email.

In fairness, i can understand a reluctance from the team to advise me given my past critique.

I think i can take a leaf out the creditors book and go for summary judgement, its been admitted and not satisfied/sorted out.

Lets put the pressure on !!

Looks like i'll have to trawl through all that CPR stuff on my own :-)

So your gonna send an application for summary judgment then?

On your counterclaim?

Good morning Angel. No i said that toungue in cheek, hence the smiley !!

I'm going for the easy way, they're willing to mediate and the mediation service have contacted me.

If the mediation is succesfull then we'll be in the same position we'd of been in if they'd have contacted me in the first place and asked to review my payments schedule. Only we'll have gone all around the houses to do it.

If its unsuccesfull, then just like the clever way they shafted me with the counterclaim they'll probably send a barrister to smack my bum in court and wipe the floor with me.

Have you sent them an offer?

Thats now going to take longer to assemble an offer, as they have not settled the counter claim in the way i would of wished they've settled it in the way they wished. So i'll have to re jig everything now to include this other account when taking stock of my finances.

• 1 month later...

HI again :-o ,

Court directions for Small Claims Track ordered Claimant to file and serve a full breakdown of the amount alleged from the Defendant by 17th December 2013. This has not been done. What action can or do i need to take over this matter. Leave it until we get to Court? Any advice appreciated. Can i ring the Court and see if they have recieved one?

I think you need to contact the court to see if they have received anything. If they havent, then I think you might also then need to write to the court to advise the claimant has ignored the order.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guest Angel235

Yes call the court and see if they have complied, you could always call the claimant and we why?

Have you sent an offer or agreed something that would say they didn't need to comply?

Did you find out?

???

Hi , sorry for late reply. As well as asking the question here i done some research and i'd come to the conclusion that its not going to be a persuasive issue in the case, pre the trial. I'll seem to answer my own question here but as far as i can fathom i should of made a cry about it after the date for compliance had lapsed, i never. So i'll now wait and point out that the amount has not been clarified, although my guess is that the Solicitors will have a fully clarified amount of the amount claimed for come the trial so it will in effect be a non issue. I'm prepared for that. Obviously i'm prepared if they havn't too.