Primus excess usage charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I am on Primus broadband (20 gb per month) and for July and August have suddenly been landed with an excess broadband usage charge of£23.33 for July and £33.33 for August, which is payable at the end of the month.

That much has not been used by the family - we use mainly for email/skype/whatsapp and will stream around 2.5/3hrs standard video per week. No p2p software, illegal downloads, no dodgy software installed - we have an eight year old son who does not have a computer in his room and his usage whenever he goes online is monitered.

I have called primus and they insist that it must have been our fault and usage as they cannot tell what has been used or not - however, I am annoyed as I know that our usage has not changed.

Primus are a pain to get through to - I had a problem where I kept losing my internet connection for about a week for no apparent reason and they could not come up with a solution and had to wait on the phone for at least 20 minutes each time.

Any advice on this would be gratefully received!

Regards,

Rob

• 1 month later...

I was a customer with Primus and I dumped them for Sky as their charges bear no relation to your usage. With BT, Virgin and Sky you can pay around £6 a month so all calls are free 24 hours providing they are not mobiles and begin with numbers 01 02 . Primus do not do this and my last bill was £80 just for calls which is ridiculous for one month! They may offer broadband at £2 a month but that is nothing more than a calling bird for them to then fleece you with confusing and extortionate bills.

My advice is to find another supplier. Cancel your direct debit if you have tried ringing them and finding that you are number 30 odd in the queue. Once you have cancelled the DD they will be onto you in a jiffy so tell them that you are leaving. You could use the unfair contracts against them for the rotten service.