Caught shoplifting from Primark - RLP letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the letter, its the usual misleading rubbish.

NOTHING is outstanding at all, it is only outstanding IF a court claim is bought and IF a judge decides in the stores favour.

Why would anyone care if the claim is passed to a debt collector, hey have no powers to do anything more than RLP and in fact I'd recommend it as they would no doubt act in a slightly more professional manner than RLP, its worth remembering that that the potential claimant is still the store NOT RLP nor any DCA.

RLP appear to have missed some important options from the list which are:-

v. Dismiss the claim in its entirity as there is no legal basis, (in fact if a claim was started I would be tempted to enter a Summary Judgement to have it dismissed on that basis).

In any event, all this prolonmged letter tennis only has relevance when used as part of a Pre-Action Protocol CPR (note the words pre-action, it is very clear that RLP have no intention of going anywhere near a court room after their previous embarassment, therefore it is totally irrelevant).

Also again Jackie and her gang are still deluded if they think that 'mitigating factors' have any relevance at all in a CIVIL claim.

As mentioned above, its nearly over, you are sensible enough not to give in to their demands for unwarranted money :)

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok so just over a month with no letters.... and I got another today!

This one isn't from RLP, which was expected as they apparently "passed my case" onto whoever. Anyway... here is a picture of the letter below. Do I need to send a letter back to this debt collector? Any info would be great, thanks.

3QNk6LJ.png

note to ITsryanzc Thank you very much for sending all the info through on your situation, esp with you 'seeing it through to the end' this has been really helpful. please continue to update.

It's fine. After all of this I'd like to think this thread will help plenty of people with what to expect.

Ok so just over a month with no letters.... and I got another today!

This one isn't from RLP, which was expected as they apparently "passed my case" onto whoever. Anyway... here is a picture of the letter below. Do I need to send a letter back to this debt collector? Any info would be great, thanks.

Bog standard letter from Snotcall. Bottom feeding DCA of the lowest possible order. You can safely ignore them or tell them to do one. RLP will not want to pay for them to send you too many letters as it all gets rather expensive for them!

Interesting that they list the Creditor as Primark - I am sure Jackie would be most distressed if you sent her ill-gotten gains directly to Primark instead of her own pocket!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Is ignoring the right thing to do? Renegadeimp (I think that's his name) said this last time.

"They only letter you need to send is to the DCAicon, if and when they contact you. If that happens, come right back here and we can tell you what to say."

If replying to them is the best option, could someone tell me what to say... so i can just copy and paste it and send it?

Secondly, I'd quite happily send these letters to primark if that'd help, as I'm sure they are oblivious as to what RLP is doing, or rather... how they go about threatening people.

Anymore info would be great, thanks.

Interesting that they list the Creditor as Primark

Also note the use of the word "claim", not "debt" - An acknowledgement perhaps, that the sum being asked for is not a genuine debt.

If replying to them is the best option, could someone tell me what to say...

I do not acknowledge that the claim of £174.39 is owed to you or any client you purport to represent. Any further communication from yourselves or third parties acting on your behalf will be treated as harassment and will be reported to the relevant authorities.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hi

Some people want to be pro-active with the bottom feeders (sorry - DCA) and I am one of them-mainly cos I like to bait them.

Now it is with Scotcall, this farce is getting closer to being finished.

I would send them a simple one liner:

"Any claim you allege is denied and therefore I refer you to Presdram and Arkell."

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Bog standard letter from Snotcall. Bottom feeding DCA of the lowest possible order. You can safely ignore them or tell them to do one. RLP will not want to pay for them to send you too many letters as it all gets rather expensive for them!

Interesting that they list the Creditor as Primark - I am sure Jackie would be most distressed if you sent her ill-gotten gains directly to Primark instead of her own pocket!

Interesting also that the amount is quite precise £174.39, yet as we know when questioned in Oxford, they couldnt really come up with a decent explanation of how the cost was clacul;ated instead prefering to fall back on the old 'its a contribution to the costs' line (implying that they are a lot more, although still being unable to provide a decent explanation).

Hello, sorry i just read these posts.. i am not able to understand what is the new organization rather than RLP. I still has not received any mail from RLP but still curious to know what this matter all about

Scotcall is a debt collection agency who are used by RLP when they fail in their attempts in getting you to pay up. This debt collector has as much power over you as I do- none! It is just the final steps before RLP give up

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I don't have microsoft word on this computer so I'm going to have to use a friends to type it out and then send it. I just fear that they won't receive the letter before the "7 days". Would they send another letter or attempt to call?

I'm working 60 hours this week I barely have a minute to eat nevermind write a letter and post it haha. Bad timing!

Don't worry about the time frames they say. It means nothing. You could ignore them if you wish as they still cannot do a thing to you.

As for not having Microsoft Word. There is a free program on the interweb called Open Office. It works very well.

They are just desparate to get you to pay them before they spend any more moneyon more letters etc. Dont encourage them by writing at all, just ignore them.

If the creditor really is Primark then they have no right to chasing you at all, only Primark can do that. Now as Primark havent supplied you with any goods or services they arent going to be after any money so why should you pay these people?

Ok well I guess I'm ignoring this letter too, unsure if it's the right decision but we'll see in a couple of days.

Does anyone know what the next letter will be like, usually its a routine right... RLP, threaten threaten threaten, DCA... then what

It is highly likely you will get around 3 letters from snotcall with the final one saying something along the lines of:

As you haven't contacted us etc. we may now recommend to our client that they take legal action.

This means bu**er all as their client (RLP) cannot do that anyway.

No need to stress.

If scotcall contact you, ignore them. Totally. They send 2-3 generic letters then run off. They are literally the DCA that is at the very bottom of the barrel. They just like making lots of noise to make them appear tougher than they actually are.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hello all,

Finally i got the letter from RLP.

Its written that "our client is anxious to recoup their costs, they are also inclines to use Civil Recovery as a deterrent against further incidents. in consideration of the particular circumstances of this case, our client is prepared to suspend this case indefinitely, providing you are not involved, or are suspected to be involved, in any further incidents on any of our clients premises.

You are further notified that your details will be held n strict accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

If you do not believe you are responsible for the incident then you should send a full written response within 21 days, clearly outlining the specific areas of dispute and providing a defense.

This is just a part of the letter, rest its explaing what exactly happened that day.

My question:

What is my next step?

why they have not mentioned any fine or compensation in the letter? are they going to come my place and take me to jail?

what is this Data Protection Act? Will i be stopped at the Airport while going back to India.

Reply ASAP.

Thanks

Ignore it. Or send the one line letter.

You will NOT go to jail. How many times do we have to say it before people listen.

RLP HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LEGAL SYSTEM AND NEVER WILL.

They have no rights, no legal standing nothing. it is one woman trying to trick money out of people by playing on their guilt. Plain and simple.

Primark probably dont even know RLP are sending the letters with this content.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

total garbage

if you look at other posts here you'll find the exact same letter

totally ignore it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...