style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have been caught shoplifting at Sainsburys few weeks ago. Today I have received letter from DWF.

Im so scared and I have not been sleeping for the last few weeks and now I dont even know what to do.

Do I pay just to have a peace of mind in case I will be the unlucky once and will have to go to the court?

I have been advised to pay £150 for the security cost.

The value of good recovered was £65.

Please help me to understand what best going forward

Don't pay. Don't do it again. If this is something that you find yourself doing then you should try and speak to a family member even though it could be embarrassing but it is important to start confiding in someone you trust.

I could also think about chatting to your GP about it.

Have a look at the other threads on this forum involving this company DWF and the advice given in respect of them.

• Thanks 1

yep ignore everything

nothing no-one can do.

its a scam to make money out of people.

ignore

ignore

then ignore again.

dx

clickme ^^^^^

and read our threads

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you ever so much for your quick response, very appreciate that. I just feel sick and scared to death.

I will never ever do it again that's for sure.

How many mire letters I will receive before they give up? And how I would know that this is the last letter from them?

Thank you

Best regards 

you dont.

but it doesnt matter shred them or give them to your hamster.

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Im extremely embarrassed to say that before I got caught in Sainsburys ( I done it only once at Sainsburys) I used to steal small things like fruits, vegs. etc from Extra Tesco when I did weekly shopping to reduce the cost.

I have been stopped by the security once but he never took my details he just took the items and told me not to come back for 3 months.

I have been reading that shops do their own investigation and collect the evidence of the shoplifters and when they have enough evidence they pass it to the police. IS THAT TRUE?

After I got caught at Sainsburys I haven't stole anything and I will never do it again as it was literally my Big wake up call.

I have not been sleeping as Im thinking if Tesco security have seen me stealing and just let me go without stopping me at the exit.

Any response would help to have better understanding.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

3 hours ago, tennisroll said:

I have been reading that shops do their own investigation and collect the evidence of the shoplifters and when they have enough evidence they pass it to the police. IS THAT TRUE?

dunno where you are getting that from but its total BS...

dx

and they

I suppose security can’t do much if you steal a bag of carrots for example but if you do 100 times then value is higher and police can get involved? That’s why security let shoplifters to steal just to build up the high value of goods and in that case they can pass it to the Police. Security can get your details from check out points from the Tesco club cards? I guess police unlikely turn up if stolen valuable is les than £20 as example ?

im just panicking as I know I’m in a wrong for doing over and over until I really got caught.

thank you 

What you say about security isn't our experience here, I have to say. I don't think the police will get involved but you have to stop this now. If you're caught again, it's quite possible the police will be involved.

As we've said, talk to your GP about this and figure out why you've been stealing. If you're tempted again, remember how you're feeling now and don't do it.

HB

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you Honeybee 13.

if no one here has experience on security that leads me to think that it’s actually possible that shops do that kind of evidence building pass before they pass onto police.

I have stopped shoplifting and also seeking for a help but in the mean time I can’t just stop thinking and panicking that police will knock on my door one day

Regards 

Well, I can't agree with you about security building evidence like that, we've never seen it here. Yes, secirity could remember you on subsequent occasions of stealing but that something different. We did have someone here who worked in security but they haven't posted recently.

I'm not sure what else we can say to you. It could be that you have to live with how you feel about what you did for a time, until the feeling fades. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but actions have consequences, as you've discovered.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum