Lowell + Lloyds TSB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI Everyone

I have recently received a letter from Lowell stating that Lloyds sold my debts to them. I had a Lloyds Student Account with an overdraft of 1000 pounds back in 2005. I am pretty sure I cut up my card in 2006 and started making monthly payments until I could no longer afford to in 2007/2008. I graduated from uni in 2010 and haven't heard from lloyds tsb or lowells until 2 weeks ago. Lowells have been calling my mobile phone and leaving automated messages but I have not replied to any.

Can student accounts with overdraft be statute barred? If not, is it ok to deal with lloyds tsb directly? From what i've read here, Lowells could be tricky to deal with.

Regards

When was the last payment made... if it was before the 19th Sept 2007 then its stat barred :)

Lowells are a pain in the arse, royally! :(

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

SAR to Lloyds asap.

Check credit reference files. (noddle is free). Equifax and Experian have 30 day free trials.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Noddle is free, but it's limited in information. I'd recommend Equifax - printed version is most detailed, though online version is adequate (and given your time constraint, probably best to get online one!). NOTE - they DO make mistakes on some reports, so if something doesn't look like it makes sense - challenge it, as it might be inaccurate. That said, 9/10 they're fine.

The report will identify the last 6 years of credit information about you. If you can't see your card on there, then it'll mean you paid before.

You can pay £2 or sign up for a free trial - i'd recommend £2 just because if you forget to cancel the account after the 30 day period, you'll be charged automatically!

thank you to all for your replies. I tried to open an account on equifax twice and on both occassions they I "failed" the registration process because neither of the 2 security questions they asked towards the end were applicable to me. E.g. One question stated that I opened an account in april 2002 which is false. The second question stated that I applied for a mortgage in 2004 which again is false. Is this normal?

Yes, this isn't uncommon with Equifax. They provide a strong report, but sometimes the information is wrong, meaning filing for an account can mean sign up issues like this!

Try one of the other available reports (Experian for example) if you're having issues, or you can telephone them for further assistance.